Thread: 2 years wait!

Blog Entries

Default 2 years wait!

Crisis Core 2 years later
    Final Fantasy VII 2 years later
    Advent Children 2 years later
    Dirge of Cerberus

Now 2 years I wait to play the re-make!

It could be longer before we get the chance actually but from google search the remake is coming out in two years around 2016 to 2017. This was my first final fantasy that got me to play 1-13. Now I really hope they do this right.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

You know, I would love to only have to wait two years for this. However with FFXV currently approaching its 10th year from when it was first announced as Versus XIII on PS3 I'm a little dubious about this coming out that soon. Hopefully I'm proven wrong on this and Square Enix have learnt from their mistakes about announcing games too early.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    You know, I would love to only have to wait two years for this. However with FFXV currently approaching its 10th year from when it was first announced as Versus XIII on PS3 I'm a little dubious about this coming out that soon. Hopefully I'm proven wrong on this and Square Enix have learnt from their mistakes about announcing games too early.
    XV is a bit of a special case. Firstly the team changed and they wanted to fundamentally change a bunch of stuff. Secondly they had to rebuild everything for the PS4. Thirdly they had to build a new engine. Those all add up to a heck of a lot of additional time required.

If VII only needs to be built the once, doesn't have massive team changes and uses the same engine, that's a lot of time saved. And given it's already been in production for at least a year going from Nomura's comments... optimistic for 2017.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Be that the case or not I'm trying not to build myself up to be let down. My fingers are crossed, no doubt about that. But I'll start getting hyped for this after FFXV has released
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6At_bb1PNU

no doubt. I seen this ad for versus XIII years ago and it is STILL not released. I can only assume this is what you're talking about.

We got a sneak peek that they are making VII anew. However we may just have to wait in the meantime.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

My whole take on the remake is that I don't mind when it comes out, so long as I am alive and able to play it when it does, 2 years, 10 years... its all relative to me.

I mean sure, I would love for it to come out in 2 years, but if it doesn't then I am not unduly bothered, it has been 18 years since the original, a few more years wont hurt and so long as they do a good job that's all that matters to me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd mainly like for it to come out in 2017 because I feel it's the perfect time for a game of this magnitude. 20th Year Anniversary for FFVII, and the 30th Year Anniversary of Final Fantasy as a whole.

But like Carl I won't be bothered if it doesn't come out in the next two years.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post
    My whole take on the remake is that I don't mind when it comes out, so long as I am alive and able to play it when it does, 2 years, 10 years... its all relative to me.

I mean sure, I would love for it to come out in 2 years, but if it doesn't then I am not unduly bothered, it has been 18 years since the original, a few more years wont hurt and so long as they do a good job that's all that matters to me.
    This sums up my thoughts exactly.

They can take as long as they like. As long as I know this is going to be a thing at some point in my life then I don't really care when it comes out. I just hope they use that time to make it as fantastic as possible.

Blog Entries

I've already waited about 18 years. I can handle a few more.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

With KH3 skipping an entire console generation, 2 years is absolutely fine by me.

Str8 Pimpin'

Adding - the more important people that were apart of the original development are working on this and if they hold the same attitude 20 years on - they'll be no f***ing about. They'll get stuff done.

ARRIVE.
    RAISE HELL.
    LEAVE.

As a certain wrestling icon put in.
    Last edited by DarkMatta; 06-20-2015 at 01:44 AM. Reason: More