Thread: Do you think?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Default Do you think?

This game was solid on its own, but I am wondering if I would have ever found it if it didn't have the Final Fantasy name attached to it, but was called something else. Anyone think they may have missed this gem if they never made this a part of the series?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Probably, but that's only because I tend to miss a lot of old RPGs. I didn't grow up on the SNES and instead went from the NES to the Sega Genesis.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd probably still get around to playing it. I played most of the JRPGs on the SNES available over here so I would have gotten around to it. The real change for me if it wasn't part of the series is that I probably wouldn't have gotten into FF if it wasn't part of the series.

FFXIV Character

Temaia Aetherwynn (Behemoth)

I think at the time of its' release, Squaresoft were on a roll and any RPG they made was money in the bank. Just loook at Chrono Trigger (one of my absolute favourite games) - no FF name on there and still great and popular.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Maybe, the first time I played it was part of the Final Fantasy Anthology with V. But with out it being a Final Fantasy, they might have just packaged IV and V together and not this or Chrono Trigger. And it probably wouldn't have gotten it's GBA remake. This Rad Racer II would have probably just existed on the SNes and be mentioned in passing like Vagrant Story and LiveALive.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

yes. definatly for a while atleast. it is the game which pretty much introduced me to FF so i may have missed the entire FF franchise if not for this game.