Thread: Not only Aerith will be hearing voices

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yes, we definitely need Andrea Bowen as Aerith! Mandy Moore sounded a bit bland, if you ask me, same goes for Mena Suvari. Bowen just killed it in Crisis Core.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMatta View Post
    I didn't like Sephiroth's voice in AC and CC. Felt too wooden. He always striked me as a serious but passionate person especially in his ramblings of Jenova. I like someone with a bit more venom behind their words.
    George Newbern perfectly reflects Sephiroth's character. Sephiroth's voice is even described in the Ultimania. They chose Toshiyuki Morikawa based on that and George Newbern is not very different from that when it comes to the inhuman, superhuman, dark, calm, cool, majestic, et cetera.

I want Paul Dobson to do Sephiroth's voice.

If you don't know who that is

Blog Entries

They better have the same people from AC

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    If "Jiraiya" is actually joining the cast, I predict 4 possible characters he could play: Bugenhagen is most likely based on narration. Then there are Shinra, Zangan, and Heidegger.
    Alot of people were guessing Sephiroth

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I hope I get to hear Aerith say "This guy are sick".

I'm thinking the script is going to be completely re-written though. I just can't imagine them keeping Barret and Cid's profanity.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think we should launch a petition to Square-Enix for me to play Mukki.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Although I wasn't a fan of all the VA in Advent Children (Tifa mainly) it would be nice to keep the immersion with all the characters.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Not sure how Aeris stands. I hear Mandy Moore was everyone's favorite but that was KH1 and most of those people abandoned ship after the first game.
    I am truly surprised if that's true given how much I hated her performance as Aerith. It was so high pitched and stiffly delivered - same with Mena Suvari. Don't get me wrong, I love Mandy Moore, she's a fantastic actress. But I never thought she was remotely suitable for the role.

Oh god... I just looked up some Youtube videos for comparison and the first one for Crisis Core was posted '7 years ago'. I played that game in university. Now I feel old XD

I remember the anticipation for Crisis Core; when all I could watch were the Japanese cutscenes because it hadn't even been released here in the States yet.

That was before FFXIII.

smurf, it was before the entire damned XIII Trilogy. I think it might have even been before Dissidia.

I remember making a thread on this very forum where we discussed what FF heroes and villains would say to each other if they met. Then Dissidia came out a year or two later and ruined all our fun.

Anyway...where was I? Sorry, old, Alzheimer's is kicking in.

I really hope Paul Eiding doesn't voice Hojo in FFVII Remake. As funny as his performance was in DoC, it would just completely remove any of the menace or threat Hojo had. Hojo is the real villain of the game and he deserves a very menacing voice.

EDIT:

I've got it.

Hojo in FFVII Remake's dub should be done by the guy who voices Otacon in MGS. I think his name is something like Christopher Rudolph? Maybe Randolph? I could look it up but I know it's one of those.

I was just thinking about how Paul Eiding did an...admirable job of trying to salvage DOC by making Hojo beyond ridiculous but FFVII Hojo needs a better voice and since I was thinking of MGS anyway (Eiding = Colonel Campbell) Otacon was a natural choice to pop into my head.
    Last edited by Forsaken Lover; 06-21-2015 at 03:18 AM.

They better get a good voice for Dyne. He was one of my favorite characters in FFVII.