Thread: Will FFVII get the demo treatment?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Default Will FFVII get the demo treatment?

So I've been thinking:

What is the likelihood of Square Enix releasing a demo of the Final Fantasy VII Remake? Say, with the release of Final Fantasy XV?
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hopefully low. I don't want to see FFVII Episode ___ 4.0. I'd rather the whole game just come out.

I expect it honestly. A demo of FFVII packaged in would be able to sell any game pretty much.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I would expect that they bundle the FF7 demo with a weaker game that they would like to move more copies of than it deserves on it's own.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Exactly. Perhaps with Project Setsuna since the studio is unproven.

I think Final Fantasy VII is the one where no one should be able to try it before it is finally released.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

They used XV's demo to both act as a beta and get feedback but also to sell Type-0 HD. I can't imagine they would need a beta for VII given that all of the groundwork should already be in place. As others have said in this thread, it's a guaranteed sales boost to any game they attach it to.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The demo would likely be counterintuitive for them making money. VII is already popular and will sell a lot, and a demo would just serve to highlight changes in gameplay (if there are any) that would likely upset people and lose sells. At this point, VII doesn't have anything to prove for the vast majority of people.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    I don't want to see FFVII Episode ___ 4.0. I'd rather the whole game just come out.
    Can't argue with that... doesn't mean I wouldn't get it though if it did happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ffamran mied Bunansa View Post
    I expect it honestly. A demo of FFVII packaged in would be able to sell any game pretty much.
    That may be so, but see below:

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    The demo would likely be counterintuitive for them making money. VII is already popular and will sell a lot, and a demo would just serve to highlight changes in gameplay (if there are any) that would likely upset people and lose sells. At this point, VII doesn't have anything to prove for the vast majority of people.
    Scotty makes a good point. A demo of the FFVII Remake could potentially be a risk, but there have been demos for FFX, FFXII, FFXIII (in Japan) and FFXIII-2 so if they felt happy enough to show off those then there's a possibility they might be like "here's a demo for the FFVII Remake. Don't like it? Tough it's the final design!".
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>