Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: >> FF7 Remake, Would you like a Revive Aeris option?

FFXIV Character

Temaia Aetherwynn (Behemoth)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    That would be stupid.

I'd like an additional character that got support limit breaks, though.
    Maybe have Cait Sith get level 3 and 4 support Limit Breaks.

In fact I could do a whole thread about this one...

No. Aerith's death is essential to the story.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterDarkRen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    That would be stupid.

I'd like an additional character that got support limit breaks, though.
    Maybe have Cait Sith get level 3 and 4 support Limit Breaks.

In fact I could do a whole thread about this one...
    I mean something like an entirely new character. Not one that is essential to the story, though. Just a side-story with some lols or something in.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They shouldn't do it outside of a New Game+ thing so we can experience her gameplay style more as Psychotic said. What they should do is give us trophies/achievements for trying out all of those old rumors from the original release though. That could be amusing. I could also see it be an interesting thing to see an alternate ending of what would happen if you revived Aeris and meteor still fell and killed everyone. They could do some really interesting things in this sort of alternate universe version of VII, but again it should only be New Game+. Also it would be too much work on their part to do right, I think.

They should have an option where you can recruit Mukki in her place though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    They shouldn't do it outside of a New Game+ thing so we can experience her gameplay style more as Psychotic said. What they should do is give us trophies/achievements for trying out all of those old rumors from the original release though. That could be amusing. I could also see it be an interesting thing to see an alternate ending of what would happen if you revived Aeris and meteor still fell and killed everyone. They could do some really interesting things in this sort of alternate universe version of VII, but again it should only be New Game+. Also it would be too much work on their part to do right, I think.

They should have an option where you can recruit Mukki in her place though.
    ^ Agreed. I'd be totally down with getting an option to save her in a New Game+, but then you inadvertedly doom the planet because either Holy won't activate or the lifestream won't gather to protect the planet. It'd satisfy people who want to use Aerith longer for gameplay purposes, and since it's an obvious bad end it has no influence on the canon story either.

That being said I doubt they'll ever do that. FF has no(?) precedent of a branching storyline.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    >>> Totally agree with a New Game+ Revive Aeris.
    We know the most obtuse FF7 fans will bitch about it, but.. who cares about them?
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

The idea of reviving Aerith leading to a 'bad end' is actually interesting. I could go along with that.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

that's actually a good one. i must have missed that suggestion
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

A sidequest where you work with one Herbert West, a rogue scientist of Shinra, to perfect his Reanimation Process. It doesn't quite work, and Aerith soul stays in the life stream, however her body is in fact animated.

Cloud will take it on dates, tell her she's pretty, and deny that this walking zombified monstrosity is clearly not Aerith. Entirely new dialogues will come up in certain fights if you have Reanimated Aerith in your party, where the villains kind of start pitying cloud, who gets very upset whenever it is pointed out the Aerith he travels with is really a monstrosity.

Come games end, when the soul of Aerith calls out the Life Stream to stop Meteor, her spirit can be seen shedding a tear as she looks down on Cloud celebrating victory with her reanimated corpse.

Also, while it's not quite as big as reviving a character FFV does have two different endings and the entire back half of VI depends a lot on who your recruit, and I believe X-2 has multiple endings though I've never played it.

@Neocracker, I mean some FF monsters obviously have Lovecraftian influences so... Maybe? :P

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    A sidequest where you work with one Herbert West, a rogue scientist of Shinra, to perfect his Reanimation Process. It doesn't quite work, and Aerith soul stays in the life stream, however her body is in fact animated.

Cloud will take it on dates, tell her she's pretty, and deny that this walking zombified monstrosity is clearly not Aerith. Entirely new dialogues will come up in certain fights if you have Reanimated Aerith in your party, where the villains kind of start pitying cloud, who gets very upset whenever it is pointed out the Aerith he travels with is really a monstrosity.

Come games end, when the soul of Aerith calls out the Life Stream to stop Meteor, her spirit can be seen shedding a tear as she looks down on Cloud celebrating victory with her reanimated corpse.
    </3

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> A stupid idea but i wanted to throw it anyways..

revive Aeris and go to the final battle
    defeat Safer Sephiroth but dont kill him
    face Aeris with Sephiroth
    Aeris uses her good girl charms to exorcise him
    Sephiroth becomes a good guy again
    to redeem Sephiroth sacrifice himself to destroy meteor and save the planet.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

And forever fuel even more Sephiroth/Aerith fanfiction.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Ok after reading some of these comments I can see how this could be pretty interesting, but doing so could cause a paradox. Aeris will be revived but then Cloud will be consumed by chaos and written out of TIME. AND. SPACE.

"Join Aerith in her quest for truth in An Ancient Reborn: Final Fantasy VII!"
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

There should be this stupid convoluted series of actions you have to do throughout the entire game, starting as soon as you get off the train. Like talk the potion guy, grab the phoenix down and eat the babies, play Inna Gadda Da Vida on the piano, and so on until you get back to the Ancient Capital in Disk 3 and click on the pool seven times and Aeris' corpse will rise out and then when it looks like everyone is finally reunited the Cheese Weapon pops out of her Xenomorph style.