Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: >> FF7 Remake, Would you like a Revive Aeris option?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Ok after reading some of these comments I can see how this could be pretty interesting, but doing so could cause a paradox. Aeris will be revived but then Cloud will be consumed by chaos and written out of TIME. AND. SPACE.

"Join Aerith in her quest for truth in An Ancient Reborn: Final Fantasy VII!"
    Well, time can be rewritten. What we need to establish is whether or not Aerith's death is a fixed point in time.

Blog Entries

Choco Weapon!

I have thought long and hard about this question ever since the game came out. To revive her would take away the story. On one hand you had people who wanted a resurrection. On the other hand you had people who didn't really care. When I first played this game I wanted a revival process. I was a kid who tried those impossible myths.

So I say this out of myself almost 20 years ago. It would be nice to have Aerith and Sephiroth join. sure it ruins the story but its more characters. I wanted Zack to join as well, where he replaces Cloud entirely and Angel replaces Zack. More is always better and I kind of really felt aerith was a great character. I mean she was the healer!

Now that I am older and have seen the whole FFVII games and movies I think Aerith dying is what made them. She needs to be in the lifestream to even have Advent children make sense. So I would suggest a character that uses her weapons and limit breaks. You can get this character in icicle inn. Aerith dies (story saved) but you get another character to fit the shoes. Cause knowing you can't cast great gospel on emerald or ruby sucks!

Also, I used a gameshark to revive aeris on disk 3. If you don't recruit Vincent you can have sephiroth. Mind you Aeris or Sephiroth can not be removed from your party without a gameshark as well.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

The best way to do it would be to give you a really long, super elaborate side quest to revive Aerith... only to find in the end that you can't and all your efforts were futile. If I were designing it, I would intentionally include a well hidden trail of secret breadcrumbs, gradually building hope as they were all followed, and then crushing that hope brutally once they reached the end of the line. Maybe I'd give them the reward of seeing a ghostly image of Aerith or something for a few seconds.

Cruel? Yes. Fun though ^_^

FFXIV Character

Temaia Aetherwynn (Behemoth)

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Ok after reading some of these comments I can see how this could be pretty interesting, but doing so could cause a paradox. Aeris will be revived but then Cloud will be consumed by chaos and written out of TIME. AND. SPACE.

"Join Aerith in her quest for truth in An Ancient Reborn: Final Fantasy VII!"
    Well, time can be rewritten. What we need to establish is whether or not Aerith's death is a fixed point in time.
    Don't you be turning this into Doctor Who

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    The best way to do it would be to give you a really long, super elaborate side quest to revive Aerith... only to find in the end that you can't and all your efforts were futile. If I were designing it, I would intentionally include a well hidden trail of secret breadcrumbs, gradually building hope as they were all followed, and then crushing that hope brutally once they reached the end of the line. Maybe I'd give them the reward of seeing a ghostly image of Aerith or something for a few seconds.

Cruel? Yes. Fun though ^_^
    I like your idea but I'd like to go one better. Instead of getting a ghostly Aerith, the reward is instead Mukki in Aerith's dress and sporting a lovely wig joining the party. Cloud tries to argue otherwise but the rest of the party act as though there is nothing out of place and can't understand why Cloud is being such a dick to their friend who came back from the dead. Hilarity ensues when Mukki makes a series of flower based pick up lines such as "Something just rose under my dress!" and "I want to feel your tongue between my tu-lips" and Cloud gets increasingly frustrated.

Blog Entries

No.

Once Yuffie joins she makes the required 3 female characters in a J-RPG alongside Tifa and Cloud. I think It's illegal to have four. I'm gonna have to say stay dead.

Wait, she dies? SPOILED.

FFXIV Character

Temaia Aetherwynn (Behemoth)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Matt View Post
    *selects "no"*

Blog Entries

DLC gonna happen. I paid for all the XIII-2 characters.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Articles
    Blog Entries

49.99!?

Never liked her that much, anyway

I wouldn't like it, no...it would take a way from the story.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Aerith dying was essential to the plot, in my opinion, so I wouldn't appreciate her coming back.

Blog Entries

They should pull a Cait Sith and immediately after her death have another Aerith bound in saying "Hi I'm Aerith 2.0! Hojo Cloned me in his lab and my memories traveled through the lifestream into this body!"

I wouldnt be 100% opposed if they made it like Shadow from FFVI and you can save prevent her midgame death but no matter what she dies in the end.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 06-28-2015 at 08:24 AM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    They should pull a Cait Sith and immediately after her death have another Aerith bound in saying "Hi I'm Aerith 2.0! Hojo Cloned me in his lab and my memories traveled through the lifestream into this body!"
    This is for ToriJ who I think is playing Chrono Cross..someone was playing CC for the first time I'm pretty sure:
    (SPOILER)
    This just makes me think of Kid from Chrono Cross.

Have the whole super sad burial thing with Cloud lowering her corpse into the water then everyone turns around and BAM, Aerith is standing right there.

Cloud: WHAT?
    Aerith: Oh, me dying? That has happened a lot. Just forget about it, I always end up okay anyhow. Don't think about it too much.