Thread: Missile Base Team Selection

Default Missile Base Team Selection

Okay I've gotten all of the rage out of my system...for now.

Let's legit talk about the game. Who do you send to the missile base and who do you take back to Balamb? Also your reasoning for these choices?

When i last played the game I sent Rinoa to the Galbadia Missile Base, even though I like her. It seemed to me much more...fitting, as demonstrated when she and Squall reunite at Fisherman's Horizon. If you take her with you to Balamb she's just like "it's great to see everyone again, huh?" But if you sent her on the Missile Base Team she'll be all "I missed you" and Squall can respond with "I missed you too."

Articles
    Blog Entries

First time I had Zell and Quistis come with me to Balamb since they had the closest tides to Balamb Garden. Leaving Rinoa and Irvine with Selphie.

Second time I brought Rinoa with me just to be different and got a new cut-scene for my trouble.

FFXIV Character

Temaia Aetherwynn (Behemoth)

I always send Irvine and Quistis with Selphie. I think in my first play I did that and ended up Squall/Zell/Rinoa the entire game.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

this first time i played the game i sent my 3 characters i didnt use.
    which were the 3 girls.
    i still call BS when they escape though.

I always send the team I plan on not using for the rest of the game. Selphie is not in my main party luckily so she goes. I send Quistis and Irvine with her. Squall, Rinoa and Zell are always my main party. Best trio in the game imo.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I always send Quistis and Selphie. I feel like I rotate between Zell and Irvine for the third party member, but it's usually Irvine.

I always think of my party in terms of an A Team and B Team, and I just do a junction exchange every time I switch between the two. I generally see Quistis as the leader in the absence of Squall as she has a little more experience in that area (not that anyone showcases good leadership a lot of the time). Rinoa and Selphie are more my magic type and they do the junction exchange. Irvine and Zell are the second set of damage dealers that I junction exchange between. Considering I play this game at least once year (last year being the first time I haven't), I'm surprised I've never sent Rinoa to the Missile Base. I should do that next time.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I send Zell, Selphie, and Irvine usually

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I send Selphie, Zell and Quistis. AKA my least favorite party members

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I send Selphie, Irvine, and Zell cause Squall, Rinoa, and Quistis is my main team.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I send Irvine and Quistis with Selphie, largely because I feel Zell's screw-up makes it important to drag him along and taking Rinoa gives you the "show me around Balamb Garden quest with Squall which I feel is better character development for both of them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I send Irvine and Quistis with Selphie, largely because I feel Zell's screw-up makes it important to drag him along and taking Rinoa gives you the "show me around Balamb Garden quest with Squall which I feel is better character development for both of them.
    Oh, so that does only happen when you take her with you. I couldn't remember if that was the case or it happened after Fisherman's Horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Every time that happened with me I was just immediately found by the Garden Faculty so it ended up being pointless. I didn't show her anything.

And then it happens AGAIN later on I think. She comes to your room a second time only for something to come up...I think it was crashing into FH or whatever.

I always send Quistis and Irvine along with Selphie.