Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey everyone!

Default Hey everyone!

Despite my Balthier related user name, you can all just call me Zack. (Ever since FF7 came out I've been proud to share a name with a great FF character) I've always been a HUGE Final Fantasy fan, but I've never registered for a FF related site before. Strange. Figured I'd change that now. The first FF game I played was the very first game on my older brother's NES. It took a long time to convince him to let me play it, and from then on I was hooked.

Recently (over the last two years actually) I've been doing a playthrough of the entire series. I've completed from 1-10, 12 and 13. When asked I usually cite IX as my favorite game in the series but... I love them all for various reasons.

I am also a big gamer in general, board games, card games and JRPGs being my main choices. I read and write a lot too, mostly horror and fantasy, but some historical or contemporary works as well. Currently I am a university student. I'm going into my fourth year of my bachelors in the fall, majoring in Physics, minoring in Mathematics. This summer I am working on an opmization research project with a math professor.

I hope to enjoy my time here with you all, discussing a series we all love!

Articles
    Blog Entries

You also share a name with a Power Ranger.

Hai! I'm Tori, Resident Critic. Nice to meet you. Since you already answered the usual "Favorite FF" question I'll ask another. Favorite book of all time?

Zack Taylor from Power Rangers is the other character I would mention if I had to come up with cool characters that share my name, so nice one!

That's a tough question, I've read so many. I'll always hold a special place in my heart for the Harry Potter series, especially Goblet of Fire. There are a lot of other series out there I love, the Fitz books by Robin Hobb, The Dark Tower by Stephen King, The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher etc. But for a single novel I might have to say Stardust by Neil Gaiman. Though if you asked me another day it would probably be different!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Harry Potter is love. My favorite book of the series is Order of the Phoenix 8D

There's another book I want to read, but I will not say its name. It is a fantasy book where all your wishes can come true 8D

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Hey Zack, I'm Dave. Welcome to the board. Like you I started with the original FF when the video rental place gave me that instead of something else. Like you I got hooked too. Welcome!

Hello!

You have played WAY more Final Fantasy games than me. So far I've only done X, X-2, XII and the XIII series.

Seeing as you've played all the numbered games, which one would you recommend to play next?

Welcome on board!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Sup. Welcome to the forums! Stick around and have some fun!

Thanks for the welcomes guys!

Dave, it's nice to see a fellow Canadian who has been playing since the beginning.

Mr. Carnelian, as IX is my favorite of course I would like to recommend that one! But really, any of the playstation trilogy would be nice for someone with experience only in the newer games. Perhaps the remake of IV to get you warmed up to old school games. It is available on steam.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Welcome! We are happy to have you

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey Zack. Welcome to EoFF. Say, how good are you with wasps? There are 3 wasps in my room right this minute and they are very angry. Please send help, and I will consider you the best member.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Grab some window cleaner and spray them. They can't fly when they have that stuff on their wings, so they are easy pickings.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Welcome to EoFF! Glad to have you hanging out on the coolest FF forum. Hope you enjoy yourself here!

Articles
    Blog Entries

You share a taste of arguably my favorite Final Fantasy character! I already like you! Right, board games. Which ones?

Dave already gave a good solution to the wasp problem so, board games:

I will play almost anything once, usually any number of times really, I just love the social activity of gaming at a table together. But my board game shelf includes games like Mice and Mystics, Love Letter, Hive, Dominion, Munchkin, King of Tokyo, Hex Hex, Blue Moon, Super Dungeon Explore, The Lord of the Rings Card Game, Android: Netrunner, etc. Also a Go board and stones.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ffamran mied Bunansa View Post
    Dave already gave a good solution to the wasp problem so, board games:

I will play almost anything once, usually any number of times really, I just love the social activity of gaming at a table together. But my board game shelf includes games like Mice and Mystics, Love Letter, Hive, Dominion, Munchkin, King of Tokyo, Hex Hex, Blue Moon, Super Dungeon Explore, The Lord of the Rings Card Game, Android: Netrunner, etc. Also a Go board and stones.
    I agree. Some of my best memories are me and my friends cursing round a Monopoly board. Mr. Carny, when we have kids we are so making family board game night a thing.