Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's replaying it?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, I'm replaying it.

Just assume that I am always playing this game. ALWAYS.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ixtli View Post
    I won't be replaying it. I've played through it so many times that the enjoyment is pretty much gone. That and....I have about 20 other games I need to beat on the PS3 and PS4 consoles.
    I know that feel. I'm the same way with BattleTanx Global Assault now.

Playing the iOS version for nostalgia value. The controls are tres fiddily so it's adding a bit of a challenge to the game.

After I finish I might try a No Random Battles challenge, since there's an option to turn them off.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i got the steam but like
    a) i can't tab out cause it crashes and takes over my comp screen
    b) i have to log in??? wtff is this bs

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't really feel like making a thread about my current playthrough so I figured I'd just post here.

I just got to the point after the snowboarding mini game on disc 2, and I'm kind of surprised how well I remember the first disc (considering almost all of my replay attempts end before I even leave Midgar) and how little I remember what happens after that point. It's kind of nice being able to play through it now and having a little fresher memory of the game before the remake eventually comes out.

I do have to say that I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. It's still a lot of fun, but I do feel like the game gets weaker and weaker once you leave Midgar. I like the world, and I enjoy the random moments you can have in the different areas such as finding the Turks in Wutai and whatnot. I just feel like there were a lot of interesting ideas being put into the game at this point that weren't written or characterized very well. I also thought the atmosphere and presentation of Midgar was better than the rest of the game so far.

I'm interested in seeing how the remake handles the optional characters of Yuffie and Vincent, and I'm even more interested in seeing how Cait Sith is handled. I've never liked Cait Sith just because he just appears and joins the party for no reason, and no one questions it. Then they just give him kind of a flimsy reason to stick around. I like his character conceptually, but I think that's something that could be improved upon for the remake.

Blog Entries

They hated the idea of the stuffed animal cat. That is why the little guy rides Red XIII in Advent Children. They say it doesn't look realistic. But I like the arm flapping dumb looking thing. I hardly ever see the little cat up top. The big white toy will be fun if they decide to keep it in the remake.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    i got the steam but like
    a) i can't tab out cause it crashes and takes over my comp screen
    b) i have to log in??? wtff is this bs
    huh?

I play on the steam version. You can make it windowed if you're having full screen issues. If I had to log in, it was only once. I didn't have to do any logging in when I played this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I didn't really feel like making a thread about my current playthrough so I figured I'd just post here.

I just got to the point after the snowboarding mini game on disc 2, and I'm kind of surprised how well I remember the first disc (considering almost all of my replay attempts end before I even leave Midgar) and how little I remember what happens after that point. It's kind of nice being able to play through it now and having a little fresher memory of the game before the remake eventually comes out.
    I'm about to start climbing the glacier!

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I started replaying about a year ago but wanted to focus on finally beating ff5 so I deleted the file and will restart afterwards. no worries, Ive beaten it 4 times in my childhood. I will beat it again with adult eyes soon enough