Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel sorry for FFXV

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    FFXVI is probably so faaaaar off haha. I honestly doubt we'll even see it this console generation.
    Doesn't seems to be that far anymore. Looks like they will be announcing the release date at Gamescon this August and it will probably be out late Q1 or early Q2 2016; which gives them a good six months to heavily hype and promote the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Egami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    FFXVI is probably so faaaaar off haha. I honestly doubt we'll even see it this console generation.
    Doesn't seems to be that far anymore. Looks like they will be announcing the release date at Gamescon this August and it will probably be out late Q1 or early Q2 2016; which gives them a good six months to heavily hype and promote the game.
    That says XVI, not XV. We know nothing about FFXVI yet.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, the VII remake really stole its thunder for the moment, but only temporarily. If the game is any good it should come back once there is an actual release window announced.

As others have said, the eternal development hell this game has been in for the last 9 years is why people shrug it off so easily. I do appreciate the outreach with the demo and now second demo of the game, but you know what would be better than SE reaching out to customers to find out what they want? Actually knowing what they want from being in this business for 30 years and having confidence to get it right the first time.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Don't worry, we probably won't see or hear anything new about the VII remake for a long time. The moment new material for FFXV (or, God help us, a release day) is revealed it will shoot right back up there pushing the initial hype over the VII remake to the side for awhile.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know, SE already said we would get more info about the remake around December or something. I'm sure the fiasco with Versus and XIV 1.0 taught SE a valuable lesson about transparency. Hell, we've gotten more KH3 video in the years since it's announcement trailer than the first five years of Versus XIII's announcement. It also doesn't help that XV is moving the series into new directions, it's not surprising that fans would be more interested in something familiar. We'll know SE is desperate if they attach a VII Remake demo to XV.

Blog Entries

I'm half expecting the main character to be Duke Nukem.

there was a picture here

I was never that interested in the first place.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I just hope,they go back to making it a true Final Fantasy, Not some hogwash that will play its selfie you want it to. It was what made me hate XIII so much, It played itself and made it for everyone except the fans of the series.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I feel sorry for it being a miserable incomplete piece of trout when it first release.

It is a good thing I only started playing with the Royal Edition which makes more the story more coherent.