Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orthopedic Underwear

Default Orthopedic Underwear

For the Remake, my biggest question is if we'll still have the Orthopedic Underwear in Cloud's Past.

And then later on during the super dramatic scene where Sephiroth is breaking Cloud, Steve Burton will switch from a panicky, frenzied "No, no, you're lying! I know who I am" to "I know this because I remember looking through Tifa's drawers and stealing her bra."

Incidentally, I have watched more than one LP where people thought "Orthopedic Underwear" referred to Tifa's panties. These people are dumb. HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED TIFA HAS BIG BOOBS? ORTHOPEDIC STUFF IS MADE FOR PEOPLE WITH ABNORMAL PROPORTIONS OR NEEDS. THE JOKE IS SHE HAD TO HAVE A SPECIAL BRA FOR HER BIG BOOBS.

Why the smurf would anyone need specially made panties anyway. I mean, for medical purposes.

Woah, take it easy dude.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries

No Rostum, you have to be Super Cereal about you're undergarments :P
    Returners Represent!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FL, have you been rifling through Tifa's underwear drawer again?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I always thought it was about her panties too. Generally the term "underwear" refers to bottoms, not bras. Like, yes, it can refer to both. But usually we're talking underpants. No need to get troutty, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

well the game was translated by a dude so you can't expect the highest level of female garment expertise
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

The line does not exactly say "Orthopaedic Underwear", especially not that it her bra per sé so it does not need to reappear. The line is about slightly stretched pants/panties.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-24-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Okay, if it is panties, and the actual wording is something more like "slightly stretched" then the game is now officially ruined.

That's not a joke. What you just said is not in any way funny. Why? Because I'm confused, NOT amused.

What the hell does the "slightly stretched" adjective add to the humor? I mean, if Cloud was just rummaging through her drawers and found "Panties' then that could be funny. Hell, I've seen it in other Japanese stuff. Maybe if the descriptor was something like "Skimpy Underwear" or something, it would add to the joke.

But what you just said invalidates the joke. "Slightly stretched" doesn't mean anything. It doesn't need to exist. What is the purpose of that worthless detail?

I really need to go back in time and slap whoever wrote this part because they don't understand comedy. They ruined my childhood with what I thought was a semi-clever joke and reference to how busty Tifa was. You know, some goddam self-awareness. But in reality, there was no joke. It was less than a joke. It was meaningless.

I mean, goddam. "Slightly Stretched Panties." WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN????? I mean, I know what it means, but what does it MEAN? Why did they include that?

Maybe it's the fact I've now played 130 hours of Skyrim and I'm not even a fraction of the way done, and I'm really tired after the latest 8 hour straight session, but holy balls, I'm irritated.

You know what's a good game? Skyrim. There, the jokes make sense. There would be no item listed as "Slightly stretched Panties."

smurfin' slightly stretched...whoever wrote that was fired I hope.

I don't know if we can argue the necessity of a description about something that was not necessary in the first place.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humor is in many cases necessary.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    The line does not exactly say "Orthopaedic Underwear", especially not that it her bra per sé so it does not need to reappear. The line is about slightly stretched pants/panties.
    It's orthopaedic underwear in the official translation.

And either way, slightly stretched panties are about as funny as orthopaedic underwear. As in small grin, move on.

I said, the line does not "exactly" say, so obviously I was talking about the Japanese version. Forsaken Lover did understand what I meant.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

ITT: Forsaken Lover is really serious about under garments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Is anyone surprised?

It was probably censored from Bra to Underwear to slide under the 90's description of T-rating.

Having Barrett say "sh!t" all the time was cool though.