Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Boco World of Warcraft Discussion Megathread

I am making a thread for those of us who are in thrall (lol) to Blizzard and still play this damn game. This thread is focused on current stuff that is happening in game so it's not really meant for people who played for like one day back in 2005 and want to show up and gloat about how they don't like MMOs or whatever. Make your own thread

~~PATCH 6.2: BOATS~~

I am really excited about BOATS, the shipyard is the coolest thing I've seen in forever. Basically I already like this patch a lot and I don't even care. I'm so excited, I'm just REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS GAME AGAIN.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I like boats! They're the neatest part of this expansion.

I did not like the Timeless Isle much at all, and since Tanaan is pretty much the same type of place, I do not like it as well. I like it less. At least with Timeless Isle it was easy to get where you're going. With all the narrow pathways to find, nature thingies blocking the way, and just in general crap lying on the ground that will trip your character up it's more frustrating than fun. Wow needs to stop this trend of mapmaking they started with Isle of Thunder.

I raid tonight so we'll see how that goes.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I raided last night. We attempted the first three bosses but a bunch were leaving so we died on High Council but we only tried each one once. A lot is going on in that fight. We could have done it if we attempted again but a lot of people left so we just went to BRF on heroic cause it got a 20% nerf and killed bosses there that some haven't done on heroic. 'Cept I ran into the train once on thogar and died and lost my pepe for my pepe achievement

The first two bosses of HC are freaking easy. We finished it and was like "was that it? That was all?" I want to try Krom'ak or whatver because he jumps in pools and splashes. That one seems fun. But so far, our guild hasn't had much trouble in HC, our raid nights are tues, wed, and thurs so i'm sure we'll do more tonight and tomorrow.

I did the intro quest for the boats so I have the shipyard but then it was raid time so they just portaled me there. I haven't actually done anything in Tanaan yet.

I did watch the ending cinematic already. Khadgar doesn't look as cool as a cucumber and flies off as a crow with an ominous "I fear this isn't the last we'll see of them." or whatever about the legion. I don't know if this means we'll see them again in a 6.3 or if this means we'll see them in the next xpac. I'm on the fence if this expansions story is over or not. They wrap it up with 6.2 it seems. Don't be surprised if at blizzcon they announce the next one with a cinematic.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I miss playing WoW. I love you, Thrall.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Set it to normal and saw the first six tonight raiding. They don't really seem so bad. Not sure if we're finishing normal tomorrow or just jumping into heroic.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Wait, so what is the utility of a boat when you have a flying mount?

It's been so long, I really wish I still had time to make WoW a part of my life.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's basically a mini-game where you collect different boats with different abilities and send them on missions for rewards.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Obviously the next step must be to make it so you can man your boat by a crew made up of your pets, with each combination affecting it differently.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love the stupid boats minigame. I love it. Except for all those missions that take like 24 hours, 48 hours or whatever. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I know this is a super unpopular opinion but I love garrisons. They're neat and they've made it easy to roll in a pile of gold (which I can then funnel into WoW Tokens for gametime lol)

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was disappointed with Timewalking dungeons this weekend. I expected so much more out of them. I guess I just wanted them to feel more like dungeons did back in BC. Instead, it was easy mode running through them as fast as you can.

I'm honestly somewhat fighting the temptation to cancel my subscription that's been running since 2006. Even though Cata changes were dramatic I still thought the game was fun and enjoyed it. MoPs wasn't as much fun but I still found enjoyment in generally playing the game and raiding. Now, not so much.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Timewalking, it definitely doesn't feel like oldschool Heroics but I still like seeing all the dungeons again I wish they had included more of my favorites though (like Mech and Underbog) I'd forgotten how "old-school" the TBC dungeons feel!

Personally I am liking the game a lot right now, I thought Cata and MoP were meh (MoP was a lot better than Cata though, LOVED the 5.1 questline for Horde) but this is the most fun I've had since Wrath tbh

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Mythic dungeons are nice. They make me feel like it's wrath again. So that may be what you lot are missing. If you can do them that is.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wrath heroics were really easy though; TBC heroics are where it was at. You had to be on Vent for those half the time.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Okay, well it's not a competition here about which was hardest... but it's like that where you actually have to use crowd controlling and what not and use strategy instead of plowing through it if you're higher geared.