Thread: Anyone interested in some games of Endless Space or Legend?

Default Anyone interested in some games of Endless Space or Legend?

Someone play these with me! >_< /

I don't believe I have heard of either, so...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    That's a shame! You should look into them!

It's been a while since I played Endless Space and I own Endless Legend but haven't gotten around to it. Even though I hear it's absolutely amazing.

My first thought was Infinite Space. An under-appreciated DS classic. But now I'm thinking this thread is about 4x games, and I have nothing to contribute

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Endless Space is a solid Space 4X that does some things really well, but ultimately kind of lacks the depth needed for really long-term playability. Still worth it, but it's not a "hundreds of hours" deal.

Endless Legend is a planetside 4X in the same universe that is probably the best thing in the genre since Civ IV came out, unless you count Distant Worlds. It's amazing in just about every single way. You should get it and play it with Rez.

I won't because I never play stuff online but

Quote Originally Posted by chai jellybean View Post
    I won't because I never play stuff online but
    Nuuuuu!

Out of curiosity, what do you feel Legend is doing right? And what do you think Space's major failings are? I haven't had enough time with either title yet to get a real feel for them, so I'd love to get the opinion of someone who has spent a lot of time with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    My first thought was Infinite Space. An under-appreciated DS classic. But now I'm thinking this thread is about 4x games, and I have nothing to contribute
    I remember being SUPER excited for Infinite Space when I heard about it, though I ended up disliking the combat system for whatever reason. It's certainly a title I'll have to go back to at some point.