Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Magic: The Gathering

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post

That mill deck is really cool for having barely any creatures. I might make an experiment like that here!
    There's UB Teachings that has no creatures mainboard

Bit of a rant here but i finally discovered why there are modes like legacy, modern and standard etc. As a fairly new player all my cards are basically Theros block and newer. Recently i found out a friend of mine from the seasonal job i work at right now played mtg and we've playing once every two weeks or so. He plays legacy though, and at first it was pretty fun to see his wacky combo's and shenanigans. But now that we've played a bunch i realised i'm not actually having fun playing against him anymore. It's one thing not being able to keep up with the tempo but sitting through a 10 minute turn while looping through his entire library on some endless mana generation and card draw combo looking for the kill condition is just plain boring. Maybe i'll suggest going to pauper!

Blog Entries

Heh, wait till you see the Blue/Red Drake deck that's rampaging through Pauper right now. Peregrine Drake should get banned next month but it's been interesting since Eternal Masters dropped. It creates a endless loop with Archaeomancer and Ghostly Flicker to generate extra mana until they can kill you with Rolling Thunder.

I started playing MTG last year thanks to Escobert. I mostly play white. Bert bought me a green and white Bogle deck so can't wait to try it out!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    I started playing MTG last year thanks to Escobert. I mostly play white. Bert bought me a green and white Bogle deck so can't wait to try it out!
    And I hope you like it!

I've been playing a infinite mana combo the last couple days called Freed from the Real. It's really fun and it's pretty consistent. I can usually have the combo ready by turn 5.

Blog Entries

So, I think I'm going to abandon Modern and give Legacy a shot. R/W Imperial Painter here I come!

This is the deck I plan on building. It'll take some time to get it together. It's cool since it's main win con is combo (Painter's Servant + Gindstone) where you turn EVERY card in the game a color (usually Blue) and then use Grindstone to mill your opponents deck to nothing and they lose. It uses Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast to be able to counter or destroy anything since they target blue spells and permanents. It also uses Blood Moons to turn all non basic lands to Mountains shutting down a lot of Legacy builds. If all that fails you can beat your opponent down with an army of 2/2s. So it can combo, control and aggro if needed. I love versatility.
    Last edited by escobert; 09-25-2016 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    So, I think I'm going to abandon Modern and give Legacy a shot. R/W Imperial Painter here I come!

This is the deck I plan on building. It'll take some time to get it together. It's cool since it's main win con is combo (Painter's Servant + Gindstone) where you turn EVERY card in the game a color (usually Blue) and then use Grindstone to mill your opponents deck to nothing and they lose. It uses Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast to be able to counter or destroy anything since they target blue spells and permanents. It also uses Blood Moons to turn all non basic lands to Mountains shutting down a lot of Legacy builds. If all that fails you can beat your opponent down with an army of 2/2s. So it can combo, control and aggro if needed. I love versatility.
    That's a cool idea! On what turn could the combo be complete?

This is probably my most succesful deck atm: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mono-...human-auras-1/

It gets destroyed by bounce and sweepers though.

Blog Entries

Depending on opening hand, you can have it on turn 3. It plays Ancient Tombs and City of Traitors which both tap for 2 colorless mana. So, you could play Mountain + Grindstone turn one. turn two play City/Tomb and Painter naming Blue. Turn 3 activate Grindstone for win. It plays Imperial Recruiter and Enlightened Tutor to be able to grab the combo pieces or anything else really that is needed. Another win con I have is to cheat a Blightsteel Colossus with Nahri, The Harbinger that gives it haste. So a 11/11 infect/trample/indestructible with haste

I started looking into the deck when Kaladesh Inventions got spoiled and Painter's Servant (my Sig/Av) was one of the cards. I loved the art right away and then saw how sweet the deck based around it looked.

the biggest downside of the deck is it's cost. Imperial Recruiters are around $200 a piece and City of Traitors are $150 or so a piece. So that right there in the 3 copies of each I need is over a grand. the rest of the deck can be had for around $800
    Last edited by escobert; 09-27-2016 at 12:14 AM.

I've been playing Magic 2015 on Android. It works way better than expected and they throw a lot of boosters at you after every campaign duel. Perfect for keeping the magic going while travelling. I've made this green/blue/white control/ramp deck that isn't very focussed but does fun things.

Online multiplayer works ok but people tend to disconnect a lot when things don't go their way.