View Poll Results: Have you ever fainted?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 42.86%
  • No

11 52.38%
  • ...I don't know

1 4.76%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever fainted?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've never fainted, but closest I've been to that would be my vision going dark once when I took a bad spill on a biking trip. Not a pleasant experience.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I've been knocked out when I've played hockey but never fainted. Don't know if it would count.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Never.

Blog Entries

I've fallen asleep during inopportune moments but I have yet to faint.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember passing out on the train on the way to school. The train had stopped and these weird things boarded the train that made us all feel sad and depressed. I remember feeling quite embarrassed as none of my friends passed out. Luckily, one of our teachers was on the train and gave me some chocolate. I felt much better after that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I remember passing out on the train on the way to school. The train had stopped and these weird things boarded the train that made us all feel sad and depressed. I remember feeling quite embarrassed as none of my friends passed out. Luckily, one of our teachers was on the train and gave me some chocolate. I felt much better after that.
    Can you point out for me on the bear where the teacher 'gave you the chocolate'.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't recall ever fainting, but once while out shopping with my mom and sisters, I collapsed in the bathroom of a department store during an endometriosis episode. I couldn't move my body or my head, my vision had narrowed down and blurred and I was just lying there on the floor unable to move while people came in and out. It was not awesome.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I have fainted once, if you call it fainting. I was on Holiday in Cyprus at the time, and we were in a restaurant. It was ridiculously hot and the seating was in like an open plan outside. I passed out for a moment at the table and then come too and ran to the toilet to be sick (sorry if anyone is eating)!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Only once, last year. I was getting multiple vaccination shots ahead of my trip to Thailand and normally they were supposed to be spaced out, but because of the timeframes involved I couldn't have that luxury. I don't have any problem with injections, never really have since I was a teen, so when I got light headed I didn't know what was going on. I nearly fainted, but the doc caught me before I slumped over in my chair and told me to get on the bed and lie down for a bit. I honestly don't know if I completely fainted or not, though, because I pretty much remember the whole thing.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Never thankfully, although I did do the choking game when I was 12 where I blacked out for a couple of seconds, if that counts.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I gave blood once and didn't rest enough after it. Half way home, I felt a bit faint so decided to take a short break in a bus stop.

Woke up on the ground. No idea how long I'd been there.
    Did no one help you up?

I have a similar experience. I gave blood for the first time two years ago, and felt absolutely fine after it, besides the sense of smugness you get from doing it. Anyway, so I had to go to the toilet (as they tell you to drink plenty of water) but the nearest toilet were up on the top floor of a department store. The lift was also out as well for repairs. I didn't think it would be that bad, so I took the stairs.

By the time I got to the top floor, I was up four flights of stairs and felt ready to pass out. I felt incredibly light headed. I practically dashed to the gents, and locked myself in a stall and sat down for what must be like ten minutes. I didn't faint, but it was the closest I ever felt to it. By the time I left, I developed an incredibly cold sweat.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

It was a bus stop near my house, at which there is like one bus per hour. Nobody there at the time.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I have never blacked out that I can remember.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Can I change my answer to, "Yes, but I was revived at the Poemon Center."?

T-too late?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've never been physically knocked out in a fight, I've rarely managed to knock myself out hitting my head or anything either. That being said when I was grossly underweight at 8 stone or so (I'm 5'11" no way I ought to weigh that little ever) I went through a stage where I would faint uncontrollably. I'd step out of the bath tub and faint by the time I reached my bed, I even fainted once going for a pee at home. Once I gained weight to a healthier weight it stopped which means it was entirely to do with nearly starving myself.