Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump angers Univision, Latinos with comments about Mexican immigrants

Default Donald Trump angers Univision, Latinos with comments about Mexican immigrants

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...arks/29270577/

Univision, the leading Spanish-language media company in the United States, has decided to drop its deal with the Miss Universe Organization, which is owned by real estate mogul and reality TV star turned presidential candidate Donald Trump, because of comments he made about Mexican immigrants. He stated that Mexico "does not bring its best" to the United States, and that they are mostly made up of "rapists and drug dealers." Univision has announced that it will not air the Miss USA pageant.

In addition, Mexican-American singer Becky G released a song called "We Are Mexico" and aimed it at Trump.

http://www.latintimes.com/pulse/beck...d-trump-325207

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHAt79-HmjM

Mr. Trump, estas despedido. In Spanish, it means "you're fired."
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 07-03-2015 at 08:52 PM.
    Is that your final answer?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm sorry for your loss, SuperMillionaire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Isn't he like a super-rich conservative republican guy? How would anyone be surprised he felt this way. Even if he'd never said it, I could have guessed he felt this way. He believes Mexicans just come over and steal jobs and don't pay taxes, and so they're robbing him and he hates them. That's how pretty much every rich right-winger feels, don't they? I mean, I'm glad he's outed I guess, but there's going to be another dozen to take his place if this loses him any standing. But most poor conservative right-wingers believe the same thing, and they make up a pretty hefty amount of the population. They'll still back him

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

If anything this will win him support, honestly.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss, SuperMillionaire.
    I didn't lose anything, Jinx.

Anyway, Donald Trump is apparently the type of person who refuses to apologize for anything he says or does, and for that, since being fired by Univision, he has been fired by both NBC and Macy's as well. NBC will no longer carry the Miss Universe and Miss USA pageants, which have since moved to a small channel named Reelz, and as for his reality show, The Apprentice, I think it's going to be cancelled. And Macy's carries a men's designer business clothing line named after him as well, but they are phasing it out.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...re-fired/?_r=0

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...d-trump-mexico

In addition, all of the Latinos that were supposed to participate in the Miss USA pageant have since dropped out, and a lot of other Latinos are angry at him.

Estas despedido! (You're fired!)

Yeah, I've heard he's trying to sue, rather than apologize, and even said a few more choice words that made things even worse. And for that, his popularity rating has went from 3% to 12%. Yay racist americans. DMKA called it

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Funny think about The Donald is while he says Mexicans are stealing jobs & the Chinese are destroying America, all of his crappy clothing line is made in Mexico, China & India.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Yeah, I've heard he's trying to sue, rather than apologize, and even said a few more choice words that made things even worse. And for that, his popularity rating has went from 3% to 12%. Yay racist americans. DMKA called it
    He did sue, for breach of contract and defamation. Based on the complaint, he may or may not have a good case for breach of contract, but the defamation claim is outrageously bogus.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Yeah, he jumped to #2 in Republican polls since that comment. Which just goes to show how far that party has fallen.

Can't say I'll miss him on NBC.

His Miss USA 2015 pageant was since rescued by Reelz, a little-known cable network. It wound up bombing in the ratings as a result, drawing less than a million viewers. Compare that to the 5.5 million viewers who tuned in last year on NBC.

And in both Mexico and the United States, pinatas modeled after Donald Trump have become very popular. A pinata is a toy that you fill up with candy and you beat up with a stick, and they're modeling pinatas after him now.

And Ayen, you watched his Apprentice show?

Articles
    Blog Entries

No. I don't watch any reality TV.

The guy managed to offend war veterans now, too, and actually get Republicans and Democrats to come together over how stupid he is. Guy has talent.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Donald Trump is a self-absorbed blowhard who is so obsessed with his image and perception of power that he has quite likely flagrantly lied about the amount of his wealth for years. He is a cartoon.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Donald Trump is a self-absorbed blowhard who is so obsessed with his image and perception of power that he has quite likely flagrantly lied about the amount of his wealth for years. He is a cartoon.
    He's trying to unite the parties! THE MAN IS A HERO!

Nah, I'm kidding.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    He's trying to unite the parties! THE MAN IS A HERO!
    He's the hero we need, NOT THE ONE WE DESERVE!

You know, I remember being introduced to his show back in high school. I had this business teacher in high school, and as part of the curriculum, she had us watch The Apprentice. She showed us the first season of the show, and I remember the very first episode of the very first season of the show. The contestants were split into two teams, based on gender, and their very first task was to sell lemonade on the streets of New York City. The contestants felt strange, because they obviously felt too old for that; they were grown men and women wearing suits, ties, and dresses, but that was the task that Donald Trump assigned to them, and they were in a competition to see which team would make more profits; the losing team would face Trump in the boardroom, where one of them would be fired. Could you imagine grown men and women selling lemonade, and then one of them gets fired over it because they didn't make enough profits? But that's exactly what happened. For the record, the women's team won, and one of the men got fired.

Also, prior to Trump's running for President and subsequent comments about Mexican immigrants, I would have liked him to become the new host of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, because he is a good friend of Regis Philbin, the original host of the U.S. version of the show.