Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donald Trump angers Univision, Latinos with comments about Mexican immigrants

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    The guy managed to offend war veterans now, too, and actually get Republicans and Democrats to come together over how stupid he is. Guy has talent.
    If you're talking about his McCain comments, the guy is a total joke. Yes he served our country and went through hell as a POW but he was also hanging out with ISIS fighters in Syria saying to give em guns and money a couple years ago. And supports the governments spying on American citizens.

I would never vote for Trump, but some of the stuff he says is spot on. No, I don't agree all mexicans are here to steal our jobs and rape/pillage America. But, there is a good number who really should be deported and aren't here trying to better their families circumstances.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

he also thinks that you can't rape your spouse so

His wife says she felt violated but felt using 'rape' was too strong of a word, which is her choice. Regardless of whether he raped her or not, he did say

"And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can't rape your spouse."

I don't care that he's probably doing these things for attention, that's a horribly disgusting thing to say and also isn't really accurate anymore because people smartened the smurf up. Asshole

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    The guy managed to offend war veterans now, too, and actually get Republicans and Democrats to come together over how stupid he is. Guy has talent.
    If you're talking about his McCain comments, the guy is a total joke. Yes he served our country and went through hell as a POW but he was also hanging out with ISIS fighters in Syria saying to give em guns and money a couple years ago. And supports the governments spying on American citizens.
    Whether or not you think McCain is a joke has very little to do with what was said, which was basically Donald taking a dump on anyone who happened to be imprisoned during war. He was talking about McCain specifically, but what he said still implies to all the other POWs. Hence the outcry, and hence my finding enjoyment out of Republicans and Democrats actually finding common ground for once.

Blog Entries

I used to like watching Celebrity Apprentice sometimes if there was a washed up B/C/D/Z list celeb competing that I either liked at one point or was interested in.

This past Thursday, I found out that there was going to be a Republican Presidential Candidate Debate on the Fox News Channel that night, but I didn't get a chance to post it here and remind you to watch it. I had an appointment to the dentist, and on the TV, while I was waiting, they were showing previews of the two debates; one at 5:00, dubbed the "happy hour" or "undercard" debate, for the candidates ranked 11th-17th in the polls (there were a total of 17 candidates running for the Republican nominee for President), and the 9:00 primetime debate, for the candidates ranked in the top 10 in the polls, which of course includes Donald Trump. I didn't watch the 5:00 debate because after my dental appointment, we went grocery shopping, but from the clips they replayed from that debate, the winner was businesswoman and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, who happened to be the only woman participating in the debate. I did, however, catch the main event at 9:00, and Donald Trump did perform well, but so did a few of the others.

Notably, although he performed well, Trump accused Fox News anchor and debate moderator Megyn Kelly of asking unfair questions to him after she asked him a question about his comments about women that he doesn't like; in the past, he's called women he doesn't like "fat pigs," "slobs," and "disgusting animals," to which he responded, "only Rosie O'Donnell," alluding to a feud he once had with her, but then Kelly told him that he's insulted more women than just Rosie O'Donnell. In addition to that, when asked if he would take a pledge to support the Republican nominee if it was not him, and not run as a third party or independent candidate, Trump refused to rule that out if he is not treated properly by the other candidates. Following this debate, Trump is still leading the polls, and is still a front runner.

As for the 5:00 debate, which I did not watch, but I saw replayed clips of it on Fox News, the clear winner of that debate was former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina. She acknowedged the Trump factor, stating that he has tapped into an anger that many Americans feel, and that many are sick of politics as usual.

If there's one thing I know about Donald Trump, it's that he is a tough-talking man who is not afraid to speak his mind. He is quite brash, as I saw on The Apprentice; he was tough on the candidates, and fired them if they did not meet his standards, and he's the same way in his Presidential campaign; he is brash, and in-your-face.

Also, because of Trump, the primetime debate drew a whopping 24 million viewers.
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 08-10-2015 at 04:51 PM.
    Is that your final answer?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

So, supermill, what's your opinion on this whole dealie? How do you feel about trump losing his deals with whoever it was he had deals with?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

For one, I don't think that he should have said that the Mexican government is bringing criminals into this country, because not all Mexicans are criminals, and I also think that he should be a bit more politically correct (he thinks we should do away with political correctness), but I still think he's interesting because he says things that others think.

Articles
    Blog Entries

What kinds of things does he say that you think?

Not what I think, but perhaps other people think. At least, that's what my family says about him.

And continuing his feud with Univision, he recently ejected Univision journalist Jorge Ramos from one of his press conferences, but later let him back in, in order to take his question about how he plans to deport more than 10 million illegal immigrants.

And in addition to that, he also has a feud with Fox News journalist Megyn Kelly, one of moderators from the first Republican Presidential Candidate debate, which aired on the Fox News network. She asked him a question about his comments about women he doesn't like, to which he responded with personal attacks against her, and after the debate was over, he has since continued to attack her.