Thread: Fallout 4 may not contain a skill system.

Default Fallout 4 may not contain a skill system.

Check out this Youtube video and this article-

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/fall...llout-1773624/

They may have replace the skill system with S.P.E.C.I.A.L/Perk based leveling. More like a Skill tree that was present in Skyrim and it may focus on a leanr by doing type of leveling. Like say you want your gun skills to get better, learn how to shoot straight and use guns often. I don't know what to think of this. In some ways this might be good as it may prevent OP characters in Single Player but it feels like it detracts a bit from Fallout. But then again RPGs shouldn't be purely classified by DnD stuff and dice rolls and the such. But opinions?

Blog Entries

Ugh I hope not.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I understand why Bethesda does this - they take away a few more RPG elements with each game they make and every release sells a few million more copies than the last one. I wish they would stop, as it kills the joy of creating and owning your own character, which is a tremendous part of the role playing experience for me. I have to imagine much of the backlash Skyrim eventually received for being shallow has to stem partially from streamlining everything into an action game.

I don't play Fallout but given that Bethesda bought it as a pre existing IP, you'd imagine they would owe something to that legacy and not dilute it like they have with their own series.