Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WORST. DUNGEON.EVER.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> "Rhapsody a musical adventure" Dungeons.
    The first .HACK game had some WTF dingeons too..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

If optional dungeons are allowed to be counted... The Hall of Darkness from Etrian Odyssey IV takes the cake, literally every monster there qualifies as a Demonic Spider. I had to plan for some enemy formations as if they were just short of boss fights. AoE Petrification mobs in that always come in groups? check. High power AoE physical attackers that can two shot the party AND support mobs with extreme evasion lurking behind them? check. Mobs that become powered-up berserkers if an ally falls? check. F.O.E.s that operate as packs? check. Blackout rooms, ice puzzles, and hidden damage floors? check..... well trout, now that I think of it I never got around to killing the Superboss there.

For story required dungeons there is the Great Underpass of Ginza in Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. There are no doubt worse but I remember this one purely because it was stand-out obnoxious. Realized a little late it was basically a Marathon Level with multiple blackout rooms, damage floors, hidden pits, and combinations of the three.... oh, and a random encounter mob that can use Beast Eye to give his group extra turns. Worst detour ever, but at least it was entertaining.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Tomb of VARN. Tomb of VARN. Tomb of VARN. From Might & Magic VI, it's got some great dungeons but some awful ones. Lair of the Wolf and Hall of the Fire Lord from the same game are bad but this. THIS trout.

It's a pyramid-tomb-spaceship consisting of robot jackals, genies, and smurfing grenade androids out of NOWHERE. You can take damage randomly every round without a stupid smurfing cube, the puzzle of the game is literally just the cast of Star Trek: The Original Series spelt backwards, and it take 4 hours to complete. It's annoying, it's hard, and it's essential to the main quest. Screw this place. Seriously.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

The most boring, crap dungeons I've seen recently were in Persona 3.

Crap.

Crappity crap.

Anything that's long, visually dull, and lacking save points (in a game that has them). I remember the Omega Ruins in FFX being quite annoying to start with. Although that decreased when you overpowered the hell out of your party.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Suarez View Post
    A bit of a cliché one but still the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time. My first time playing it I got completely stuck there and didn't go back to the game in about a year.

Whenever I play it again I always remember to pull that damn block out near the start.
    It was infinitely nicer on the 3DS remake.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    The most boring, crap dungeons I've seen recently were in Persona 3.

Crap.

Crappity crap.
    I was thinking this was more along the lines of hard and not troutty

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

The Marsh cave from FF1 really stunk if you didn't have a silver sword and some antidotes.

Did not like Tartarus (or however you spell it) from persona 3, after playing 4 first, 3's dungeon really stunk due to the repetitiveness and ugliness of it. I dreaded going there after class, I'd just crazy grind floors/get the crew up by 5 lvls and not go back until the story made me :/

I also hate most tales dungeons especially symphonia and graces and I didn't like doing the cloister of trials in ffX either.

That's simple: "Inside Sin" in FFX.
    This labyrinth made me insane during my first playthrough due to lack of "safe zones" and Save Sphere being... AT THE END OF THIS FREAKING THING!!! ;-;
    That was horrible... I won't forget it anytime soon, for sure...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You mean that part where those crystals just appear out of smurfing nowhere and you get those annoying battles?

Good GOD, who the smurf even thought that was a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    Am I the only one who hates going into the fade in any Dragon Age game? What kind of trout were they smoking to come up with the fade design. It's not difficult, but it makes me not want to play past that point in the games. I usually just rush through as fast as possible so it's done.
    Whaaaat?! The Fade is awesome! With the exception of the poor effort made in Dragon Age 2, granted.

For me, Skyrim's got to be up there in the list of worst dungeons. It's not that they were bad, or even hard. It's that they just reused the exact same dungeon over and over and over and over and over and over. It got old.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    You mean that part where those crystals just appear out of smurfing nowhere and you get those annoying battles?

Good GOD, who the smurf even thought that was a good idea!
    Yup! That was even worse than this stupid labyrinth... also the loot there was pretty worthless in The Final Battle. XD