Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bright Shield View Post
    Nomura indicated that the story in the remake might deviate from the one set out in the original, suggesting the remake may be more of a reimagining.

I think the bold is the problem. People asked for a REMAKE, Square advertised a REMAKE. We are getting a reimagining with major story and gameplay changes instead. That is total bs, and not what was wanted or what was promised.
    You still really don't know in what way, shape, or form these changes should be implemented. At least wait until we get to see a proper gameplay trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Nomura indicated that the story in the remake might deviate from the one set out in the original, suggesting the remake may be more of a reimagining.
    I think the bold is the problem. People asked for a REMAKE, Square advertised a REMAKE. We are getting a reimagining with major story and gameplay changes instead. That is total bs, and not what was wanted or what was promised.
    You still really don't know in what way, shape, or form these changes should be implemented. At least wait until we get to see a proper gameplay trailer.
    Let me put it plainly.

I really want the original battle mechanics back. However, if they change the combat and everything else is great, I can deal with it. I'll give the game a shot.

On the other hand, if I even catch a 2 second glimpse of Genesis; I will break my disc in half. I will also never purchase another Square Enix game ever again. >_>

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    I enjoy turn based when it's done right. FFVII and VIII come to mind although I hate drawing magic.
    drawing magic is no less boring than endlessly walking around in the same field to "level up". Besides, you don't even need to draw a lot of magic.

WHen you're going out of your way to get 100 of whatever spell by drawing, you are basically doing FF8's equivalent of ultra-grinding for no good reason in other FFs
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Let me put it plainly.

I really want the original battle mechanics back. However, if they change the combat and everything else is great, I can deal with it. I'll give the game a shot.

On the other hand, if I even catch a 2 second glimpse of Genesis; I will break my disc in half. I will also never purchase another Square Enix game ever again. >_>
    I'm confident we'll know exactly how much they've ruined this masterpiece long before launch, and I simply won't buy it.

We'll probably see Genesis in one of the later trailers, and we'll undoubtedly get to see the new battle system that involves even less player input than that of their recent games well before release as well.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I hope you square spy bots are paying attention and it's not too late.

Articles
    Blog Entries

But people change things in remakes all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    But not the core of a game.

They add things, they tweak things, but the game itself is still largely the same. They don't rewrite the plot, the mechanics, and the characters to the point of unrecognizability.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Small changes are fine. Like I said, the Resident Evil remake was perfect. The Lufia 2 remake was not.

I pretty much see it exactly like Skyblade.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    WHY ARE ALL THE FF VETERANS SO SCARED OF CHANGE?!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So far, the best thing about the remake being announced is watching the fans flip their trout about how they're getting what they want but possibly not in the way they wanted.

Karma is a bitch ain't it?

Attached Images Attached Images

Actually, I never wanted a remake from the current Square. They messed up far too many times for me to ever trust them with anything. I haven't even liked a FF since IX to be honest.

Now I wouldn't mind a remake if Square was the same company that it was in the 90s, but it's less than a shell of it's former self. Even then, I certainly wasn't gung ho for a remake. FFVII is fine the way it is. Something like Xenogears would benefit far more from a remake, but again, not in the hands of the current Square.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well I agree with you there.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The FFIV DS remake was amazing.

And at this point I have also forgotten that this thread wasn't originally about the VII remake XD

Remember this, Square?

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/31...rethink-jrpgs/

It was a year ago. Even my memory isn't that bad.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Remember this, Square?

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/31...rethink-jrpgs/

It was a year ago. Even my memory isn't that bad.
    Doesn't mean they wouldn't want to implement some new gameplay elements or change other ones. They just know better than to try to over-analyze what people like. Technically, most people liked FFXII, XIII, and Crisis Core's gameplay so it wouldn't really be a deterrent for them to change the system to them for something like the VII remake.