So the Four Job Fiesta has kinda inspired me to finally beat FFV. I have started it and stopped it many, many times over the years but this time, I vow to complete it.

Not with the Fiesta itself, no. I was wondering if I should try that but I was told the Fiesta is more of a challenge run and you shouldn't do challenge runs your first time through a game. You would be missing out on all the fun and trying out different things. I definitely don't want to be cutting myself off from parts of the game for my first complete run.

Now, since everyone says the Advance version is the good one, I decided to play the PS1 version. I'm so contrarian.

Now, from what I remember last time I started up the game, everyone I talked to said Black Mages were useless. But the old guy should be a black mage. Okay? Until such times as a Job more suited for him comes to light, he's gonna be a black mage. He is Not-Tellah. Although I guess Tellah was more of a Red Mage...or just a Mage period because he could do everything.

Gonna be playing this in-between playing Skyrim. I'm just missing team-based RPGs. I like Skyrim, just like I enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but I grew up playing team-based RPGs and I miss that.

Now, where does FFV rank on the Difficulty-o-meter? I realize gameplay difficulty is one of the most subjective things in the world. But with FFV, you're presented with a rare opportunity to play the game in any myriad of ways. For example, if I pick all the "wrong" jobs, will that make the game nigh impossible, whereas if I pick the "right" jobs it will trivialize it? An LP'er I was watching start his Fiesta run mentioned that Berserkers are kinda crappy and I've already gone over how I was told black mages suck.