Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok my friends, I'm changing wireless companies

Default Ok my friends, I'm changing wireless companies

After the past few months or so Sprint has started on a downward spiral for me. I have had their service since '07, and defended them many times, but now I keep losing service everywhere and keep getting hassled about stuff that is unlimited.

I have decided to go to Verizon, and I got a general quote for how much it would be. The only thing I need help with is deciding a new phone. Right now I am currently using a galaxy s3. There are three that I have been looking over, the LG G4, HTC ONE M9, and the s6.

Does anyone have any of these for input, or any advice on better phones?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

can't you just keep your phone?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

It's getting very buggy, I feel that it may be time to upgrade.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Right. Well, if I was in the market for a new phone, I'd look for a good deal on a galaxy S5 now that S6 is a thing. It's still a good phone (with a pretty good camera, for a phone) and it'll be cheaper now that it isn't the bleeding edge model.

I'd have to agree. I haven't had much good experience with LG or HTC. I'd probably suggest Samsung as well. And Mirage makes a good point. You'd either get it free or very cheap. Though I think my skin would crawl if I went back to Verizon. Too bad Sprint didn't work out for you. I take it AT&T isn't an option, then? Or just not interested?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Also has a user-replaceable battery, a memory card slot, and it's waterproof. Never worry about accidentally dropping it in the toilet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I'd have to agree. I haven't had much good experience with LG or HTC. I'd probably suggest Samsung as well. And Mirage makes a good point. You'd either get it free or very cheap. Though I think my skin would crawl if I went back to Verizon. Too bad Sprint didn't work out for you. I take it AT&T isn't an option, then? Or just not interested?
    It is, but nobody really talks to great about it here. I do like the look of the s5, but I know for a fact I wouldn't get the 6 edge...who needs to see notifications that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Also has a user-replaceable battery, a memory card slot, and it's waterproof. Never worry about accidentally dropping it in the toilet again.
    That is my big thing, I like being able to take the back off. What if your phone freezes for some reason? Take out the battery. Got a cool replacement for your back? Awesome.

I'll have to ask about the s5. Ahh other ideas that could help?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Third party back covers might not be waterproof. Better look into that before replacing them.

I'm not interested in the S6 for the simple reason that I can't replace batteries or add memory cards. I don't think it's water proof either.

I plan to get an otterbox, unless it's very durable.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

I find that a waterproof phone plus a decent phone-wallet works wonders to keep it safe. Much cheaper than an otterbox I'd think.

I've always been afraid of having a phone wallet, I would probably lose it. Also working in the factory I do my wallet tends to get close to things I would rather keep my phone away from(we get cards that give us access to a lot of things).

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Masamunemaster View Post
    I've always been afraid of having a phone wallet, I would probably lose it. Also working in the factory I do my wallet tends to get close to things I would rather keep my phone away from(we get cards that give us access to a lot of things).
    I don't keep any cash or cards in my phone wallet. It's just for protecting the phone.

Ah ok, kind of like a flip cover. I just looked at how much it costs for deactivation on Sprint...I may cry a bit.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Like a flip cover, just sturdier

Blog Entries

I like HTC phones. My next one will be another HTC. I don't believe I've ever had one LG phone I was happy with. I'm using one now and I absolutely hate it. I can't wait to go back to a HTC.