Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another system bites the dust.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

My Atari 5200. I left it behind one time when I moved. IDK what the hell I was thinking. I doubt it would work anymore anyway, as the controllers were notorious for being craptastically crummy.

My PS3 died last year but I can't seem to let it go. Every time it dies, I just reflow it but at some point the same thing happens. It actually just died again yesterday so time to take it apart and repeat the reflow process I guess.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, sadly, once you get the YLOD the system is pretty much done for. You can revive it through reflow or using a hair dryer but it only revives it for awhile before it will die again. The old units have poor parts to keep heating down.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had a PS3 die on me, but I think that's about it. I had a 360 that I sold to my brother and it apparently died like a week later.

Now there are consoles I thought were dead that ended up not being dead. My NES hadn't worked in years, but I took it apart and cleaned the connector pin things inside and put it back together, and it's worked okay since. Not perfectly, but I haven't had too many issues.