Thread: The Game Square Should Have Remade...

Default The Game Square Should Have Remade...

http://www.gamegents.com/2015/07/04/859/

I think you guys know where I'm going with this. Its a piece I wrote on why Square should have remade this particular game instead. Let me know what you think!

I'll be waiting...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not often I see praise for FFVIII's story and entire cast. I like the article. A remake would at least give them a chance to iron out some of the plot holes and such (which I hope they do with FFVII) in the original game. I think most of disc one could be left untouched.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nice article.

For the most part I disagree that VIII should be remade because it was the better game to VII but rather I feel VIII deserves it more because if certain issues could be ironed out, it would be a better game than VII. A remake of VIII could bring a rebalanced Junction system, better scaled difficulty with enemies getting better A.I. scripts as they adjust to party levels, and several lingering plot elements can be fulfilled and others better addressed. I really enjoyed VIII but I do feel it's a game with more problems than the other PS1 entries but that's why I would love to see SE just retool the game and fix it's problems. I don't feel a remake of VIII is out of the question, it will just come down to how the VII remake does (which we all know how it will go down) so it's just a matter of time. I'm more concerned that V and VI will be passed over in favor of just jumping ahead and remaking the rest of the PS1 generation.