Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43444484950515253545556575859606474 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Ciddies 2015 - Life's a Beach Revelations~ Umi-desu!

Articles

She has become a summoner

Get me some wine. Recognized Member Queen Award, First of Her Name's Avatar

14. Best Signature

The Nominations

TrollHunter ♥ Shauna ♥ DK ♥ Fynn ♥ MissH ♥ Pike ♥ Sephex

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Posting for speech rep. Also congratulations to all the winners that I don't know who you are as I've been at work all day, I'll catch-up with this eventually.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

MissH or GTFO #DancingPikachus #Chinpokomon

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ
    Best SignatureToriJ: Is playing Donald Duck on the Sega Master System Come on... Don't get hit. Don't get – goddammit! I have had it with these mother smurfing snakes on this mother smurfing level! Phone rings – answers it WHAT?! Clears his throat I mean, hello?
    Colonel Angus: You need to work on that anger, dude.
    ToriJ: You try playing a torture device disguised as a kid's game. What do you need?
    Colonel Angus: EoFF Summer Ciddies are coming up and I need more people to write speeches for me. Do you have the time?
    ToriJ: Yeah, sure. When are they due?
    Colonel Angus: Friday.
    Tori: Looks at calendar to see it's Thursday Oh trout! Speeds across the room and sits down behind his desk Best Signature!

That time of year where we celebrate the random crap that people put in their signatures. From actual graphics deigns in Photoshop, to random images from tumblr, you never know what you're going to find when you scroll over someone's post, and today we look at the best of the best, or more accurately, what people remembered to nominate for. Hang onto your hats because we're going to Siggy Town!

DK

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture.

Oh. My. Gaia. Where do I even begin? This banner consists of one guy making a bunch of stupid faces at the screen with the word “England” on top of it. What is he even looking at? Is he having a face off with Nicolas Cage? I'm not sure what the focus of this banner is, is it the faces? Is it the word England? What am I supposed to be looking at!? These faces just burn themselves into your brain. This is the image equivalent of the Duck Tales theme song. And now that I thought of it the Duck Tales theme song is stuck in my head. Thanks, DK!

The blend work is pretty nicely done, and the small black border around the sig makes it easy to tell when the image begins and ends. The effect on the faces are all nice and makes it feel like they go on forever. Like an endless row of mirrors. If your goal was to leave a lasting impression on people you pretty much accomplished that. Onto the next nominee!

FYNN

Is that a gun he's holding up to his head? Don't do it, generic blue hair man #47, you have so much to live for!

Here we have a cute little number based off the characters from Persona Q. A game I haven't played, and characters I don't know. So if you're offended by my ignorance just know that I am not sorry, and I feed off your anger. The image features blue hair man, Blondie, brunette with no mouth, gay hair dude, and ear with hair and pink dress. The poor girl looks like she's falling off the page.

The entire picture looks like it's starting to peel off whatever background it's hanging on. All of the characters are distinguishable and the sig easily pops out and is very colorful. The purple background contrasts with the darker colors of the men's wardrobe quite nicely and the spider web makes the background feel less empty.

MISSH

Pikachu! You know you are my brother. I CHOOSE YOU!

How can you ever go wrong with Pokemon? Here we have two dancing Pikachus playing it up to whatever music they have going on inside their heads. They're dancing in the middle of what looks like the night's sky covered in stars and clouds with “Miss H” done in cursive in the background with the whole thing shaped like an egg. Or is that space? I can't really tell. I'm surprised that hasn't been a thing yet. Pokemon in Space – this is the part where you tell me Pokemon have been in space, isn't it?

One can only wonder what she did to get something so beautiful in her sig.

Cut to: Bubba and Miss H's place

Miss H: Honey, can you make me an egg-shaped Pikachu sig with two Pikachus dancing?
    Bubba: Playing PS4 Can it wait? I'm in the middle of a game.
    Miss H: Is suddenly in front of Bubba staring at him
    Anonymous Singer: Just you know why (Just you know why)
    Bubba: Looks at Miss H confused
    Miss H: Continues to stare
    Anonymous Singer: Why you and I (Why you and I)
    Miss H: Slowly push PS4 off the table
    Anonymous Singer: Will by and by (Will by and by)
    Miss H: Unplugs the TV
    Bubba: Gasps
    Anonymous Singer: Know true love ways.

Narrator: Never say no to Miss H.

Cut to: ToriJ's desk

N-next nominee, please!

PIKE

And I thought Capcom fans arguing about Jill's face was a stupid argument.

I know it's dangerous to ask for logic on the internet, but... What!? Why? How? Where? When? And why did it take over TWELVE THOUSAND pages for a mod to finally lock the damn thing!? How did this even become a topic of discussion? Do people just randomly pick a video game character and give him a political ideology? Are we going to go over the whole Mushroom Kingdom now? Zelda? Metroid? I'm just glad that EoFF is above such nonsense!

Fifteen replies? FIFTEEN REPLIES?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) I-I just don't understand the world anymore. Is that Red Foreman in that Twitter avatar? That's Red Foreman! All that's missing from the tweet is “Dumbass!” Twelve thousand smurfing pages fighting over Wario's political affiliation...

SEPHEX

All around me are familiar faces. Worn out places, worn out faces.

Here we have a collection of Mushrooms and Ocarinas from Mario and Zelda respectively, although the latter look like smiley faces with horns than anything else. Look at them. It's like they're staring into my souls. What do you want ocarina of death!? What's with the token black ocarina in the front? Did they run out of blue and pink?

The picture is well drawn and the coloring is good, even all the black in the background is colored in well. Believe me I know how much of a pain in the ass it can be to color in all of that. Overall, it's a nice tribute to two classic Nintendo games.

SHAUNA

You think you can take me on? I'm the goddess of the mother smurfing sun!

This lovely set is based off the action-adventure game by Capcom starring a sun goddess in the form of a white wolf, Okami. Shauna had this set for so long that she may as well be a white wolf herself. You know what, I'm convinced all those pictures we've seen of her are really just of an actress she hired on to pretend to be her. She really is a white wolf sat a computer typing her paws on a keyboard. Which would kind of make her relationship with Dat Matt questionable, but for the sake of a clean mind I'm going to pretend their both wolves.

The banner has a lot of bright colors that match the sun goddess theme the character possesses and features our protagonist up against some... dragons? Snakes? Holds up magnifying glass to sig Dragon snakes? I'm going with dragon snakes. It's the internet people will correct me if I'm wrong. Good outer lay border with a black inside stroke framing the sig and the cursive style fits it all very well. I think it has a strong chance of coming out the victor.

TROLLHUNTER

So, you think you can dance?

Last, but not least, we have a blue haired anime character failing at the art of dance. He's from... Um...

EoFF Member Base: Begins to speak

Wait, don't tell me! He's from Fire Emblem, right? Yeah, I remember seeing him on the Super Smash Brothers Melee roster when I first played the game. Not exactly something I'd expect to see on a member with Troll Hunter for a name. But maybe that's his victory dance. Move those hips! Not much to say. It's silly, the animation is well drawn, it is what it is.

With all these different nominations who could possibly come out on top? Well, if you want my opinion, I think the landslide winner is going to be...

Aulayna! It was a crime – an injustice that this woman was not nominated for Best Signature, and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. The write-in votes are going to be so overwhelming that Award-Chan will have no choice but to proclaim her the winner in the biggest upset in EoFF history! Winner? Aulayna! Not DK, not Fynn, not Miss H–!

Miss H: Appears in front of ToriJ
    ToriJ: Uhh...
    Anonymous Singer: Just you know why (Just you know why)
    Miss H: Stares at ToriJ
    ToriJ: Stares back awkwardly
    Anonymous Singer: Why you and I (Why you and I)
    Miss H: Knocks all the papers off of ToriJ's desk and then tilt the table over
    ToriJ: AHHHHHHH! Jumps up and runs out of his chair
    Anonymous Singer: Will by and by (Will by and by)
    Miss H: Picks up chair and throws it against the wall
    Anonymous Singer: Know true love ways.

Narrator: Never say no to Miss H.

End Transmission!

Articles

Jinx IRL

Legit Jinx IRL

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

GO SHAUNA AND ALSO EVERYONE ELSE

#nochildleftbehind

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Ocarinas with horns
    Those are slimes from the Dragon Quest games.

Get me some wine. Recognized Member Queen Award, First of Her Name's Avatar

14. Best Signature

Pike................................0
    RSL.................................1
    Fynn................................4
    TrollHunter.........................4
    Sephex..............................5
    Shauna..............................5

Which means

MissH...............................6
    DK..................................8

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

MissH all the way!

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Attached Images Attached Images

Articles
    Blog Entries

Haha, DK's signature is funny. I just find dancing Pikachu's adorable.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

One day Okami will win

Congrats DK!

Articles

Maybe karen will win one day.

Until a new season of anime appears and I have to change it

Articles
    Blog Entries