Thread: Biggest mess ups you made in the Game?On

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Default Biggest mess ups you made in the Game?On

I have a list of a few I made while figuring out the game. When I first played it, it was on the SNES and it was known as III here. There was no strategy guides or walkthroughs I had access to, so I just plugged it in and trudged through. However there were a few things I didn't realize, and didn't think about at the time that made me want to cry. Here is my list!

1. I saved my game on the river only to be under levelled to fight Ultros with no way of grinding a few up.

2. I said Smurf the Empire and joined the resistance only to recive the gauntlet instead of the much more impressive Ganji Glove.

3. I never waited for Shadow

4. On a boss fight I used a rage with Gau that would heal the boss more than I could dish out.

5. It took me 2 years to find the smurfing Air Anchor.

6. I believed everything the people told me in Zozo as fact missing out in a fit of rage on the chainsaw in my first playthrough.

7. I stuck with one party the whole game making me have to grind aggressively at the end to get through the final dungeon.

8. I never used Gau for years not realizing his potential. (Reason 4 to blame)

those were my mistakes early on, what were some of yours?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Discovering the Sketch Bug in the Phoenix Cave, which ended up erasing all the save files on the cartridge... that I was borrowing from a friend.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I was under leveled for both Ultros fights, myself. Had to go back and grind on the second boss fight.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Ya, the game was extremely easy until the first Ultros fight the SMURF you Octojerk!

Blog Entries

1. I sucked at all the little "mog fort condor" things you had to do. In the beginning you have mogs to fend out the enemy invasion. The monsters whopped me.

2. I did recruit Shadow all the way. He was missing but Relm got the dog.

3. I died about 20 times in the forest that looks like a t-rex head, it has the t-rex enemies.

4. I didn't get every blue magic.

5. I think the biggest mess up was I owned every item, owned every esper but 1, had all spells and rages, stat maxed, and put myself through hours of torture only to switch to the PS3.which doesn't have memory cards. (PS I'm gonna play VI on my PS3 will soon.)
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Blog Entries

I grinded Before getting Espers
    I didnt wait for shadow
    I probably didnt get Water Rondo first time either.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!