Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Sell Me on These Awful Games

But they're NOT fun, that's what you're not getting here. They're fetch quests full of nonsense and bulltrout. There's literally no way to know certain monster spawn conditions or where certain items are located, without a guide. There's literally no way to know if the answer is Heads or Tails.

So if the sidequests aren't fun, and have no real impact on the story, why should they be mandatory for learning a rather huge fact like Caius is still alive?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Squeenix do this a lot, tbh. In Kingdom Hearts BbS I am pretty sure you had to do a lot of nonsense to get the final chapter to unlock. Gives you something to work to, I suppose. Some people find it tedious, others don't. I had fun doing everything in FFXIII-2 (and BbS for that matter), and clearly SapientiaXIII did too. Just gonna have to agree to disagree on the fun part.

Quote Originally Posted by SapientiaXIII View Post
    Hell, I've poured around 200 hours into Bayonetta, have all of the accessories bar one, weapons, achievements...but I still don't have the "secret" accessory in the game, the Climax Brace. I've earned what I've got, but I haven't earned that Climax Brace yet.
    You get that by collecting all the 'Tears of Blood'.

It's not that great really, it's a bit of a game-breaker: you're basically unstoppable when you have it equipped. Plus, your scores aren't saved when you're wearing it, so it's a bit pointless, really.

The 'Secret Ending' in FXIII-2 is NOT worthwhile. I finished the game, got about 150 fragments, and then looked up the Secret Ending on youtube and moved on to Lightning Returns, because I really wanted to play that. Maybe on my next playthrough I'll actually collect all 160 fragments.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Secret Endings like that are just typical pitfalls for completionists. It's supposed to be an optional reward for the people who voluntarily spend all that time on the game. But in the eyes of some players that "optional reward" becomes mandatory cause they want to get everything out of the game they paid for and so they spend hours upon hours on a game they don't even enjoy (that much). Basically going completely against the thought process that put the scene in there to begin with. It's not really supposed to be something to work towards, it's supposed to be a nice surprise at the end of the road. FFX-2 suffered from the same problem.

I feel the way they handled Alyssa's story was okay. It's not relevant past the betrayal because that's when you - and the protagonists - are straight up thrust into the final part of the game and don't really have the time to think back on it. But if you really want to know, all the pieces of the puzzle are there, you just need to put them together.

So Lightning Returns is boughted. Now just to wait for it to actually get here.

I've purchased one DLC - the FF Legends Pack that comes with the Cloud, Aerith and X-2 Yuna outfits. I mean, I liked all those characters so why not. Are any of the other DLC outfits worth it, like the Samurai ones or Ultimate Savior or whatever else?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I'll tell you why not: You're giving SE reasons to keep making more and more DLC for bad games.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?