Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Greetings Everyone

  1. #1

    Default Greetings Everyone

    Hello to everyone here at EoFF. As I'm in a habit of being stingy with real life info, so please refer to me by my screename Anzai. I eke out a passable existence in the USA, state of Kansas to be precise. The site seemed an interesting discussion ground to give a chance...

    On the subject of Final Fantasy, its rather rare to meet a game I don't like. My favorite remains VIII. After that X and XII receive honorable mentions, and I have a soft spot for the Crystal Chronicles subseries. Currently looking forward to getting my hands on Type-0. I've got an interest in many other series though, particularly Persona(SMT as well), Dark Souls, and Fire Emblem.

    I enjoy RPGs in general, turn based or real-time action being largely irrelevant if the game is good enough. On top of that I've a habit of dissecting the game's combat system for an enjoyment of strategy. Hm, wonder if it's weird that I get a bit stabby when mythological references are used poorly....

    Ah right, that shouldn't have slipped out. Now by stabby I mean I tend to express myself a little bit violently. I mean nothing by it, I merely have a tendency of expressing myself in an unorthodox fashion... Along with being cynical to the point of borderline nihilism, I admit my styles of humor and interests aren't for everyone. With that dark note done, here's hoping we get along.

  2. #2
    Taking care of business Cid's Knight Bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Shmocation
    Posts
    9,752
    Articles
    2
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Welcome to EOFF, Anzai!

    We've got a few representatives from Kansas around these parts. FFVIII is a great game, ignore some of the haters on here.

    Hope you stick around!

  3. #3
    Resident Critic Ayen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    13,160
    Articles
    12
    Blog Entries
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anzai View Post
    I eke out a passable existence in the USA, state of Kansas to be precise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzai View Post
    Hm, wonder if it's weird that I get a bit stabby when mythological references are used poorly....

    Ah right, that shouldn't have slipped out. Now by stabby I mean I tend to express myself a little bit violently. I mean nothing by it, I merely have a tendency of expressing myself in an unorthodox fashion... Along with being cynical to the point of borderline nihilism
    You don't have to ask, Eyes On, he's related to me.

    Glad you could make it! Go forth and post lots.

  4. #4
    Untalented Game Designer FFNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    3,101

    FFXIV Character

    Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Welcome to the board! I'm Dave, or Nutty which ever you wish to call me.

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default

    Welcome to the EoFF!
    Enjoy your time here! :P

  7. #7
    Yes homo Mr. Carnelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Winchester, England
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Welcome onboard!

    I'm glad to meet someone else on here who isn't completely against non turn-based combat systems.

    I exaggerate slightly, but some Final Fantasy fans really seem to be against anything which isn't strictly turn-based.

  8. #8
    fat_moogle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,705
    Articles
    10

    FFXIV Character

    Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Welcome to the forums, Anzai! I hope you enjoy your stay

    In regards to Persona, I've been playing P3P for a few hours today. A couple days ago I bought P4G in a sale, but I'm waiting until I've completed this before I start playing it. 3 more shadows to go! I've been enjoying the game but training in Tartarus is starting to wear me down xD
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

  9. #9
     Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yer pants
    Posts
    25,072
    Articles
    269
    Blog Entries
    34

    FFXIV Character

    Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Welcome! We have an article series that has been analyzing the mythological importance of the games actually! Here's a recent one if you're interested. And even more of them!

  10. #10
    ˇApagando las luces! Vermachtnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    That Weird Building
    Posts
    6,713

    FFXIV Character

    Nayru Lacroix (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Welcome! There's a few other MegaTen fans around. What's your favorite from that series? Is it Persona 3?

  11. #11
    tech spirit
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Virgo supercluster
    Posts
    17,920
    Articles
    2
    Blog Entries
    2

    FFXIV Character

    Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anzai View Post
    Hello to everyone here at EoFF. As I'm in a habit of being stingy with real life info, so please refer to me by my screename Anzai. I eke out a passable existence in the USA, state of Kansas to be precise. The site seemed an interesting discussion ground to give a chance...

    On the subject of Final Fantasy, its rather rare to meet a game I don't like. My favorite remains VIII. After that X and XII receive honorable mentions, and I have a soft spot for the Crystal Chronicles subseries. Currently looking forward to getting my hands on Type-0. I've got an interest in many other series though, particularly Persona(SMT as well), Dark Souls, and Fire Emblem.

    I enjoy RPGs in general, turn based or real-time action being largely irrelevant if the game is good enough. On top of that I've a habit of dissecting the game's combat system for an enjoyment of strategy. Hm, wonder if it's weird that I get a bit stabby when mythological references are used poorly....

    Ah right, that shouldn't have slipped out. Now by stabby I mean I tend to express myself a little bit violently. I mean nothing by it, I merely have a tendency of expressing myself in an unorthodox fashion... Along with being cynical to the point of borderline nihilism, I admit my styles of humor and interests aren't for everyone. With that dark note done, here's hoping we get along.
    If you also say that you hate FF13, I think we can become good friends.

    My favourite persona game is dancing all night.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

  12. #12
    Pinkasaurus Rex Cid's Knight Pumpkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Falling on your head
    Posts
    16,876
    Articles
    119
    Blog Entries
    133

    FFXIV Character

    Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Welcome! Final Fantasy VIII is my second favourite FF game and my third favourite game ever! I also recently completed P3P and I'm playing P4G as we speak!

    I hope you enjoy your time here and post lots!

  13. #13

    Default

    Thank you one and all for your welcome... The first to step forward appears to be a Tonberry, an interesting omen. Moving on to a few more direct replies.

    Turn based is great for extended strategy, especially if the system is like FFX where you can clearly see the order. On the downside it seems to mute the feeling of the game, while in an action-RPG done well you can get both the planning and rush of playing rodeo with a hostile wyvern.

    My favorite Persona game is Persona Q: Shadows of the Labyrinth. While I think the art-style choice was off target... I must praise it for being the only Persona game thusfar to not have a massive feeling of ending fatigue come with the late game. Bash it for being an Etrian Odyssey copy if you wish, but I still love that combat system enough to overlook it. As many can guess I went with the P3 side, though a side file for P4 side so that I can hear Minato Arisato(I prefer his old name) speak exists. SMT 3: Nocturne however ties with it for favorite of the extended Megaten series. Despite the mainline SMT having muted characterization and somewhat dully presented story, they just do the bone-crushingly difficult journey so well... Truly I miss the Demon Negotiation system. On that note might anyone know another Megaten Game where the Demon Negotiation was done well?

    Ah Freya, Master of the Fork, thank you for the article recommendations. I'd overlooked the article section during my initial browse of the forum. My start of posting has been a bit sluggish with so much to look through.... and over-detailing everything as I do.

    Mirage brings up an interesting point. I wouldn't say I hate FFXIII, I'd say I wish the series had a neck that I might slowly strangle the life from it! Those are the only FF games I have sworn to never play. I gave it a chance via researching the game for a while, even watching a fair bit of them on video walkthroughs.... in my eyes FFXIII failed. Yet I will admit a bit of guilty pleasure in finding the magi-tech designs for some of the monsters rather interesting. I'll keep the seething spite to myself so long as nobody tries to get me to play the FFXIII series, and even then I'll keep it forum friendly.

  14. #14
    ˇApagando las luces! Vermachtnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    That Weird Building
    Posts
    6,713

    FFXIV Character

    Nayru Lacroix (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anzai View Post
    On that note might anyone know another Megaten Game where the Demon Negotiation was done well?
    I liked Devil Summoner 2 negotiation. The RNG came into play, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. And you can get the charisma skill to boost your success.

  15. #15

    Default

    No worries. FFXIII has a lot of haters, and most of its fans say "try it before you knock it", but they mostly say gameplay is what matters most in those games. And I wouldn't spend much time arguing against that. I'm sadly one of the hypocrites who hates on the game without even trying it, because I already know I hate the characters, and I've seen the story and the character motives already ripped apart in angry reviews

    Welcome aboard, though. You have an interestingly eloquent way of forming your sentences. I'd wager a guess that you dabble in writing, though I could be wrong. I just get a writer's vibe

    You'll find plenty of Persona and SMT fanship here. I haven't played a huge amount of them, but to answer your question, if you haven't played any of the DS games, the last game to utilize the demon friendship system in a moderately realistic fashion, was probably SMT: Strange Journey for the DS. The Devil Survivor games on DS and 3DS use a contract system, but you go about that with auctions and buying demons mostly. Strange Journey actually had you converse with the demons similar to Persona 2 and the like

    And if you've already played that game, then my info is useless as I'm just beginning to dabble into the series, but I enjoy it so far. Watched my girlfriend play through both versions of P3, and am currently going through P4 for the second time on Vita with Golden. And I've played most of the DS/3DS titles, as well as Digital Devil Saga. Still growing my collection though. Next addition will be between Soul Hackers, SMT IV, or Persona Q



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •