Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings Everyone

Articles
    Blog Entries

Mirage and Anzai have become friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    No worries. FFXIII has a lot of haters, and most of its fans say "try it before you knock it", but they mostly say gameplay is what matters most in those games. And I wouldn't spend much time arguing against that. I'm sadly one of the hypocrites who hates on the game without even trying it, because I already know I hate the characters, and I've seen the story and the character motives already ripped apart in angry reviews

Welcome aboard, though. You have an interestingly eloquent way of forming your sentences. I'd wager a guess that you dabble in writing, though I could be wrong. I just get a writer's vibe

You'll find plenty of Persona and SMT fanship here. I haven't played a huge amount of them, but to answer your question, if you haven't played any of the DS games, the last game to utilize the demon friendship system in a moderately realistic fashion, was probably SMT: Strange Journey for the DS. The Devil Survivor games on DS and 3DS use a contract system, but you go about that with auctions and buying demons mostly. Strange Journey actually had you converse with the demons similar to Persona 2 and the like

And if you've already played that game, then my info is useless as I'm just beginning to dabble into the series, but I enjoy it so far. Watched my girlfriend play through both versions of P3, and am currently going through P4 for the second time on Vita with Golden. And I've played most of the DS/3DS titles, as well as Digital Devil Saga. Still growing my collection though. Next addition will be between Soul Hackers, SMT IV, or Persona Q
    It would be more accurate to say I've failed in writing, repeatedly. I've done many a text RP and been told I've performed well... Yet when writing a stand-alone story of my own, I can never string together something I consider worthy of having someone read. So really I just aspire to eloquent forum posts to keep some degree of my failed edge sharp. Despite already knowing such foolish pride is a futile effort.

I've played both Devil Survivors, to my disappointment of demons being flat-out bought; however I've missed Strange Journey. As actually speaking to the demons is what I desire it seems I overlooked a diamond in the rough... SMT IV had the feature sure enough, but it felt like pure RNG with no real consistency to a particular demon's responses during negotiation. While the bosses' conversations did indeed have worthwhile responses, that simply wasn't enough for me. Admittedly some of the Press X To Die conversation options were amusing.

My apologies for overlooking Vermactnis' reply. I've heard dimly of the Devil Summoner branch of the series, yet never quite enough to steer my gaze toward it... Perhaps I should have looked into it more.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    What do you know about friends?! You won't even review Tales games for me.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    What do you know about friends?! You won't even review Tales games for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can vouch for SMT IV that the negotiation system is okay there. It's pretty much the same as in Strange Journey.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Hey man, how's it going? Welcome to the forums!

(SPOILER)

Articles

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, amirite?

Thanks for joining us, and hope you stick around!