Thread: Red Oni/Blue Oni

Default Red Oni/Blue Oni

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../RedOniBlueOni

Basically it might as well be Red Mage vs Blue Mage in Final Fantasy standards.

Well it basically goes like this

Red Oni is the character that tends to be brash, loud, arrogant, extroverted, sociable, self confident, and pretty damn Hot blooded. Think of characters like Mugen from Samurai Champloo, Taichi Yagami from Digimon Adventure, Deadpool, or Dante from Devil May Cry. They're main characteristics in a fight are they can be a jack of many trades and master of none, a character like Mugen tends be self taught fighters that find a way to mix in their fighting skill with other forms of combat or some cases dancing. Like Mugen's fighting style actually seems to be a mix of many martial arts mixed in with some break dancing. The Red Oni is a force to be reckoned with. They're unpredictable, they're adaptable, they don't fight clean, they'll gouge your eyes out, talk some trash to you in the fight, insult you, then they'll break you like a twig. While they may seem rough and brutish, they're usually good people with honest convictions in what they believe in and what they stand for. They're not quick to give up and they're not quick to lay down their arms. Their personality says they can get pissed about little and petty things and tend to get very angry when they get their way. A big disadvantage is they weren't exactly properly trained. They're a jack of many trades but truthfully a master of none. Some of them improvise as they go along but the fact they aren't properly trained can prove to be disadvantageous when someone is expecting the unexpected and their opponent is far better trained enough to see what they're going to do next.

Blue Oni is the character that tends to be quiet, calm, collective, patient, introverted, and questionably may or may not doubt their abilities. Think of characters like Jin from Samurai Champloo, Yamato Ishida from Digimon Adventure, Deathstroke, Vincent Valentine from FFVII, and Vergil from Devil May Cry. These characters are truthfully the masters of their trade. They're taught by the best and have managed to take down the best with their skills that are bested. Most forms of their combat is more traditional and uses conventional tactics with deadly efficiency. The Blue Oni is just as much of a force to be reckoned with. While predictable and stubborn, they tend to be very honorable and controlled in their techniques. Nothing sporadic. They're less likely to insult you or further antagonize their opponent in battle knowing they could make them far more deadly than they could be and leads to underestimation of their opponent and a swift death that follows afterward. While they're just a good, their intentions maybe covered under a shadowy veil. The Blue Oni is notable for keeping secrets from other people and themselves, they're intentions for why they're doing something or staying around may never be noted as they won't speak up about it. Blue Oni can be trusted but more cautions are to be taken. They say the silent ones aren't to be trusted (not my opinion just superstition). While they're properly trained and expert combatants at what they do, the idea of only sticking what they know may prove disadvantageous. By disadvantageous I mean their conventional tactics are entirely predictable and leaves them to be open to other attacks they may have not foreseen when their opponent uses asymmetrical fighting styles that more or less adopt the environment around them or it's used to confuse and disorient their Blue Oni opponent. While Blue Oni maybe the better fighter, their Red Oni counterpart maybe the more creative opponent and can lead to the Blue Oni being defeated, their fighting style can be entirely frigid and leads to it being broken though.

My point of the argument here is relating Blue Oni Red Oni here in real life. When you compare the two which one usually comes out on top and beats the other? When I think of myself I usually find I'm more Red Oni in a way. I like getting creative so I can do things the way I want to do them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Blue Oni wins out for me, but I have plenty in common with the Red Oni. Mainly just all of Red's bad traits, lol.

Now that I think about blue oni can fight pretty dirty too

I'm the Blue Oni, definitely. :P
    But I have some features of the Red Oni, like being adaptable, honest, devoted to something or hot-tempered. :P

So which oni would win in a fight? Blue oni is more cold, calculating, and about precision. While Red Oni is more confusing, disorienting, distracting, and sparadic which adds unpredictability.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Blue Oni would win the first fight and tell Red how important power is, then they'd draw during the second fight, and finally Red would come out on top in the end and lose Blue to the Underworld.