Thread: Favorite Enemy to fight?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Default Favorite Enemy to fight?

Let's face it, Squarenix has put a lot of great, and trout RPG's on the market over their history. With the sheer volume of games made, plus enimies created to fight, grind, and flat out kill, there is a great topic in there someplace. So that being said, what is your favorite enemy to fight, which one do you plug in to play and destroy that just makes you smile every time.

The he one for me that comes to mind first it the Golem Boss in Chrono Trigger. You fight him on the flying aircraft in 12,000 BC in Zeal Kingdom, the only issue is this guy is scared of heights and it adds a little comedy to the game. It's always been fun taking him out!

Hm, there simply cannot be only one favorite enemy for me, buuuut in an attempt to keep it to only one Square Enix foe.... I've always had a love of Tonberries, with their singular ability to make a Random Encounter feel like a nosedive into Survival Horror. Despite being so adorable with their almost cartoony design and sow waddle toward the party... They are in essence the vengeful hatred of every monster you've ever killed coming back to haunt you. Even after getting decked by Everyone's Grudge in the first encounter with one (sadly I cannot remember which FF it was....) I only started to like this particular fight more. Now if they'd just stop aiming that knife at my groin, I probably wouldn't mind how it can potentially take a dozen Phoenix Downs to kill one of the stronger variants.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The house in the construction yard in FFVII. Just for the sheer WTF factor of fighting a living house. It gets me every time. What has made you so angry, House? WHY DO YOU HURT US!?

Liquid Metal Slimes/Metal Bubble Slimes are my favorite enemy to fight. There's the rush of finding one, the tension of trying to kill it, and the huge reward if you succeed. Plus they're so much cuter than most things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    The house in the construction yard in FFVII. Just for the sheer WTF factor of fighting a living house. It gets me every time. What has made you so angry, House? WHY DO YOU HURT US!?
    That came to my mind too! There's a similar-ish enemy in FF9 too. On the western continent.