Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shauna and Jinx Watch Terrible Movies and Talk About Them

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    It's a favorite past time of mine to watch terrible movies with friends. We call it b movie night. The worse so far has been this film:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077904/...nm_flmg_act_51

The ending was the weirdest trout I've seen on film yet.
    That description has me cracking up. Thank you for the suggestion.
    It is as ridiculous as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post
    Jeez what are you movie critics? You should make a site dedicated to such activities. It'd probably get much activity considering movie goers tend to check the critics rating before they actually watch the movies.
    Rude. If you don't want to read the thread, don't read it. We're not really trying to get e-famous. We're just doing it to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerface
    Strange thing these days.
    I wasn't trying to be rude

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Do you guys see yourselves more like Siskel & Ebert or Statler & Waldorf?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Longer commentary from me:

Surprisingly, Showgirls was terrible. I know, right? But you know, the worst thing a piece of "entertainment" can do is be boring. And as much as I disliked everything about this movie, and thought the entire cast of characters was stupid, and was horrified any time anyone so much as moved or opened their mouths... I had fun. It made me laugh at multiple points with its ridiculousness, and when it wasn't be ridiculous in a funny way it just left me pretty gobsmacked at what it was actually doing. It was a two hour long train wreck, but I never checked how long we had left to watch out of boredom - it was in a "We're 33 minutes in and we've already had a horrifying stripper dance and the most terrifying sex I've ever seen" kind of way. Also "We're 20 minutes from the end, where is the plot and how are they going to resolve it?"

And this is really the sticking point for me, why I'd consider this a "less bad" movie than 50 Shades. I remember watching 50 Shades and was constantly checking how long we'd been watching it, how long was left, and dammit why couldn't the movie just be over already. Although you could (loosely) say that it had a better put together plot and character arcs compared to Showgirls... It was also incredibly boring. I felt nothing for 50 Shades. It evoked no emotion or reaction from me. Showgirls at least had something, it gave me something to be entertained by, although I do wish I could get back the hours of my life spent watching both of these awful movies.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Longer commentary from me:

Surprisingly, Showgirls was terrible. I know, right? But you know, the worst thing a piece of "entertainment" can do is be boring. And as much as I disliked everything about this movie, and thought the entire cast of characters was stupid, and was horrified any time anyone so much as moved or opened their mouths... I had fun. It made me laugh at multiple points with its ridiculousness, and when it wasn't be ridiculous in a funny way it just left me pretty gobsmacked at what it was actually doing. It was a two hour long train wreck, but I never checked how long we had left to watch out of boredom - it was in a "We're 33 minutes in and we've already had a horrifying stripper dance and the most terrifying sex I've ever seen" kind of way. Also "We're 20 minutes from the end, where is the plot and how are they going to resolve it?"

And this is really the sticking point for me, why I'd consider this a "less bad" movie than 50 Shades. I remember watching 50 Shades and was constantly checking how long we'd been watching it, how long was left, and dammit why couldn't the movie just be over already. Although you could (loosely) say that it had a better put together plot and character arcs compared to Showgirls... It was also incredibly boring. I felt nothing for 50 Shades. It evoked no emotion or reaction from me. Showgirls at least had something, it gave me something to be entertained by, although I do wish I could get back the hours of my life spent watching both of these awful movies.
    So Bad It's Good

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Yes I know the trope exists, and I am fairly certain this won't be the only movie brought up in this thread that falls under that bracket. Heck, there's a reason why The Room is least worst, when it is probably worse than the rest of them in many ways.

But where's the fun in saying "It's so bad it's good" for every single entry. I'mma just use my poorly sentenced words to articulate my thoughts on the movies.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

And you did a good job, Shauna

Maybe after all this is over, you could seperate those into two lists? Like, one with those that are so bad they're hilarious and then one with those that are just so bad they're bad, like 50 Shades. As that the impression I'm getting so far, that the Room and Showgirls were great fun to watch, while 50 Shades was just boring.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I didn't really like 50 Shades of Grey. The character of Christian Grey is horrible (though I quite like Jamie Dornan) and I couldn't stand the woman playing Anna... nor could I stand her character either. Won't be putting myself through it again. MissH liked it though.

I don't think I could ever expose myself to Showgirls. I have the seen the sex scene in the pool and it is both hilarious and horrifying in equal measure.

If you can find it, you should totally watch The Roller Blade Seven.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The whole reason we watch bad movies together is to have fun because they're so bad they're good. That's kind of the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Then you should definitely watch The Roller Blade Seven. Have drinks whilst watching it... a lot of drinks. It will be fantastic.

Articles
    Blog Entries

-looks up pool scene-

Is she having a seizure? Don't just sit there, help her!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Then you should definitely watch The Roller Blade Seven. Have drinks whilst watching it... a lot of drinks. It will be fantastic.
    All of our movie nights have copious amounts of alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it was Rantasmo from Needs More Gay that had the best reaction to that scene.

"Is this what straight sex looks like?! "

I'd suggest Battlefield Earth. A movie so terrible, that moogles quiver at the thought of the film being used as a torture method. Either that or Rebecca Black's Friday. But Battlefield Earth? Watch it and you'll be laughing so damn hard.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Are you still doing this? Because if so, please watch Surf Nazis Must Die

Oh gosh it was something