Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 515192021222324252627282930313545 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Tournament Stage II: "To Be a Master!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post

"Well, I'm up for the battle anytime.
    Are you ready, or do you need to
    mentally prepare yourself for the
    complete and utter destruction?"
    Yeah, I need to prepare myself mentally...

Hm...well, I don't think I'll ever be ready, but alright. Let's battle, Bern. Whoever wins or loses, no hard feelings, okay?

(I am so dead...)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Bernie dear, never forget you lost to me

EVER

"........Bearnie?"

"Hahaha! Bearnie! Hey,
    how's it going Bearnie?"

"......now, where did I put the
    chainsaw again? Ah, there it is!"

Wow, my internet's really slow right now. I need to fix that before we have our battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    So does anyone here battle competitively? This has been really fun and makes me want to build a competitive team of my own design outside of this tournament.
    Not I. Although if you are truly interested, there are plenty of battlers on YouTube that can teach you a lot. I recommend checking out shadypenguinn's channel. He hosts videos showing how he builds teams, as well as live commentary on his WiFi battles, how he plans which moves to use and how he considers his options.

Also, Minato vs. Ultima is a match I really want to see. Could be a finals preview, though I think Skyblade is learning a lot about each of us from his losses and I'm pretty nervous about facing him again down the road.
    Not really. I've learned maybe three or four points of specific information, none of which I feel will particularly come in handy. Part of why I don't like competitive battling is that I don't like how dedicated you have to be in order to get good at it. I play to have fun, not to study.

Fortunately, I don't expect to end up in the Gold Bracket, so I'll avoid the worst of the pain.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

"Get rekt, Bern."

"...that was only a warmup.
    Next time, I'll show no mercy."

"Yeah.... sure. Suuure."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    So does anyone here battle competitively? This has been really fun and makes me want to build a competitive team of my own design outside of this tournament.
    Not I. Although if you are truly interested, there are plenty of battlers on YouTube that can teach you a lot. I recommend checking out shadypenguinn's channel. He hosts videos showing how he builds teams, as well as live commentary on his WiFi battles, how he plans which moves to use and how he considers his options.

Also, Minato vs. Ultima is a match I really want to see. Could be a finals preview, though I think Skyblade is learning a lot about each of us from his losses and I'm pretty nervous about facing him again down the road.
    Not really. I've learned maybe three or four points of specific information, none of which I feel will particularly come in handy. Part of why I don't like competitive battling is that I don't like how dedicated you have to be in order to get good at it. I play to have fun, not to study.

Fortunately, I don't expect to end up in the Gold Bracket, so I'll avoid the worst of the pain.
    Sky, you're one of the main candidates for the Gold bracket. Hate to break it to you.

Also, do my eyes deceive me? Do I take it Bern lost to Minato as well? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

Sky, you're one of the main candidates for the Gold bracket. Hate to break it to you.
    What, how? I've already lost three matches.

Also, do my eyes deceive me? Do I take it Bern lost to Minato as well? :O
    I'm wondering too. I want to see the match!
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're right after Ulty and Minato, I think, maybe tied with Del, but he has less matches so idk.

It's hard to judge so far, considering there's been so little matches, but you're on the right track so far.

The magic excel sheet does not lie.

Articles
    Blog Entries

-continues to notice Minato's "I'm so going to lose" comments every time they wins-

I see your strategy, Minato.
    Last edited by Ayen; 07-14-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I keep meaning to use they/them for when I don't know the person's gender, but my mind keeps defaulting to he/him.

-edits-

Blog Entries

"I have to apologize for the delayed report.
    Bernkastel is currently going on a rampage
    with a chainsaw, and I just finished getting
    everyone else to safety. Minato won with
    a stunning 4-0 I believe, making a brilliant
    comeback from a pretty rough start..."

Bernkastel vs Minato: P2WG-WWWW-WW2C-CQTG

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Damnnn, we have a new front runner!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post

"I have to apologize for the delayed report.
    Bernkastel is currently going on a rampage
    with a chainsaw, and I just finished getting
    everyone else to safety. Minato won with
    a stunning 4-0 I believe, making a brilliant
    comeback from a pretty rough start..."

Bernkastel vs Minato: P2WG-WWWW-WW2C-CQTG
    I suspect you'll also be providing video footage of this chainsaw rampage?