Thread: Digimon World

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Digimon World

DW probably isn't the first thing you think of when you think RPG, but it still counts! I can't even remember how I came across this game, all I know is it's in my PSX library and I played it several times. Last time I played it was back in 2012 for a review. I was always amused by the Digimon having to go poop. And of course, it always waited until we were the farthest away from a toilet to have to go.

I had a lot of fun with it. I had the yellow dino Digimon when I first played through the game. I remember going to this mining place that I think was kind of above my level, but the first time I went through it I beat it, and then I could never get through it again without grinding. Damn thing. Fun game. I briefly played the third one, but for some reason never played past the opening. I don't know. Kid Ayen had short attention span.

Discuss.

Heh heh. Ah, there are so many fond memories there... Quite possibly my favorite PSX game. Now if you are referring to the yellow dinosaur starter, the name is Agumon.

The poop and toilets are likely there to preserve the monster care aspect of the original digital pet devices. Or maybe for the Care Mistakes to gain certain Digivolutions and... uh, lets say 'unusual' mechanics of Numemon and Sukamon. Besides, Porta-Potty items are a thing, you should stockpile several.... especially because there always seems to be some asshole wild Digimon camping the crapper for a chance to mug you.

Really I think the only major flaw to this game was how bloody convoluted it was to obtain certain Digimon. Maybe it's a trick of forgetfulness, but I can't remember the first Digimon World ever being upfront with me about Digivolution requirements aside from age. Yet it felt so worth it when I first stumbled into evolving to the Ultimate level and went about solving at least a third of File Island's problems with MetalGreymon.

My favorite Digimon game to date (And about the only one I've really liked) Is Digimon WOrld 2. And this is odd, because so much about this game is just smurfing terrible. But I still love it.