Thread: Legend of Legaia

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Legend of Legaia

Another wonderful RPG for the Sony PlayStation's library. I watched my brother play this game and then tried to play it myself. I sucked at it so hard I never even got past the first boss. One day. ONE DAY I WILL BE VICTORIOUS! I always liked the combos they had in attack commands. That was always fun to put together and watch. Made it standout from the other RPGs available at the time.

Who here has played it?

One of my favorite hidden gem games on the PSOne. Not quite as well made or a polished story or character development as other gems like Dragoon, but still a quirky little guilty pleasure of mine. I adored it when it first came out. Even after playing masterpieces like Xenogears and Final Fantasy VII this game stood out on its own. It leaned a lot on cliches and tropes, but it wasn't ruined by its reliance on them. Nor was it ruined by any lack of development. The characters were endearing, and the story was compelling enough to get the job done. And the rest of the game was completely carried by the gameplay. Dat combat mechanic. There should have been more than two of these games. It deserved to actually go somewhere and succeed. Such a shame. But still a wonderful memory

It was always annoying trying to figure out combos, because they aren't quite what you would think for most of them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masamunemaster View Post
    It was always annoying trying to figure out combos, because they aren't quite what you would think for most of them.
    I think there was a time I kept hitting random buttons in the hopes that something would work. Which is pretty much throwing trout at the wall hoping it sticks, didn't do me any good.

No wonder I never made it past the first boss.

Blog Entries

I played it and I enjoyed it but I found it super difficult at certain points. The one that immediately jumps to mind was the Minotaur smashing itself against a pillar at some point midgame.

My second playthrough was a lot smoother as I was able to internet search all the combos

Collecting some of the seru was really smurfing annoying though (even with internet guides) and then at the end it throws up the x/15 seru collected stat at me just to rub it in my face not to mention the y/whatever treasures found which is just plain cruel

For the longest time I wanted to play Legaia 2 but couldnt find it anywhere and when I was finally able to get an ISO of it I was no longer emotionally or mentally invested enough and had become more picky as to what games I would waste time on to bother playing it.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 07-20-2015 at 01:30 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

OMG. THERE WERE SO MANY LEGEND OF LEGAIA THREADS! THIS GAME NEEDS A REMAKE!