Thread: Atari Games!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Atari Games!

I don't care if the only ones in this thread are me and Pike, we're going to talk about some 8 bit wonders. Though I also leave the floor open for people to talk about any games made by Atari, whether it's in the past or now.

I was introduced to a lot of their classic games (namely the arcade versions) through Atari Anniversary Edition Redux. That wasn't so great because they just aren't meant to be played with a dual shock controller, but nevertheless I enjoyed them. Asteroids most of all.

Then I got to play Yars' Revenge thanks to their website. I didn't like it as much. I don't know if the original 8-bit version would be better than the remade flash game, or I just got to it too late, but it was boring to me.

Also, Atari published the Ghostbusters Video Game for PS3/X360/PC I recommend it for all Ghostbuster fans.

Discuss.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Then I got to play Yars' Revenge thanks to their website. I didn't like it as much. I don't know if the original 8-bit version would be better than the remade flash game, or I just got to it too late, but it was boring to me.
    Don't play it on their website. It's a bad version and also you need a joystick to fully appreciate it.

Basically if you aren't putting hours into Yars' Revenge you're dong it wrong.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Don't play it on their website. It's a bad version and also you need a joystick to fully appreciate it.

Basically if you aren't putting hours into Yars' Revenge you're dong it wrong.
    It was the only way I could play it Sees it's also on Game Boy Color Oh. Is that version at least decent?