Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456781222 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age Series

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    I'm now doing a Daenerys run-through of DA:I, and I'm amazed at how much it looks like her.
    I saw pictures of her circling Google Images. Looks great.

Wait, is there really no black hair in DA:I? The comment section of that article keeps saying it looks blue.
    It does have some weird 'midnight blue'. I mean, it is 'mostly' black, but it does have a weird blue/purple tinge. To be honest, the hair choices in DA:I are fairly lackluster. It's as if they've not heard of long hair.
    None of them seem to have heard of long hair. The longest hair I ever see is down to your shoulders and that's exclusive to female characters.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm now doing a Daenerys run-through of DA:I, and I'm amazed at how much it looks like her.
    I saw pictures of her circling Google Images. Looks great.

Wait, is there really no black hair in DA:I? The comment section of that article keeps saying it looks blue.
    It does have some weird 'midnight blue'. I mean, it is 'mostly' black, but it does have a weird blue/purple tinge. To be honest, the hair choices in DA:I are fairly lackluster. It's as if they've not heard of long hair.
    None of them seem to have heard of long hair. The longest hair I ever see is down to your shoulders and that's exclusive to female characters.
    It was better in DA:O and DA:2 I think. For such a complex customisation system, they really skimped on the hair.

During my first DAO run I was enthralled by the power of choice that I had never seen before. (it was my first WRPG ever) As such, I told the thoroughly unpleasant Morrigan to go away.

I got yelled at a lot by my GF and others for this.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    During my first DAO run I was enthralled by the power of choice that I had never seen before. (it was my first WRPG ever) As such, I told the thoroughly unpleasant Morrigan to go away.

I got yelled at a lot by my GF and others for this.
    I actually liked Morrigan. I always tried to see the good in her. I mean, yes, she is pretty spiteful, but I like to think she's a good person really​.

I really liked the changes in Morrigan's character in DA:I. She's become a lot more subtle and politically savvy.

I also love the scene where she faces off against her mother and tells her to back off her son.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    I really liked the changes in Morrigan's character in DA:I. She's become a lot more subtle and politically savvy.

I also love the scene where she faces off against her mother and tells her to back off her son.
    Morrigan's love for her son made me warm to her much more than I did in DA:O.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Morrigan ain't so bad. She's totally just misunderstood.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I loved Origins but then I heard bad things about 2 and didn't pick it up. Is it worth doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I loved Origins but then I heard bad things about 2 and didn't pick it up. Is it worth doing so?
    Absolutely!

There is a big problem with repeated use of environments. But, in my opinion, that's more than made up for by strong characters and an interesting story.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Absolutely!

There is a big problem with repeated use of environments. But, in my opinion, that's more than made up for by strong characters and an interesting story.
    What this man said. Everyone should listen to Mr. Carnelian's wisdom.

If you remember Isabela the Buxom Bisexual Pirate Rogue from Origins, she's a main character in 2.

Do you like big boats?

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    If you remember Isabela the Buxom Bisexual Pirate Rogue from Origins, she's a main character in 2.

Do you like big boats?
    Isabela is brilliant. She has some fantastic lines.

Plus, her banter with Aveline (especially during the Donnic quest in Act 2) is AMAZING.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Isabela is hands down my favorite companion in DA:2 and arguably the series. Her humor is so funny, and she also has a surprisingly deep, caring side.

And the repeated environments is lazy, but ultimately I'm playing the game for the story and character development. If anything, the environments in DA:I, at times, felt slightly empty or vacuous.

And the repeated environments is lazy, but ultimately I'm playing the game for the story and character development. If anything, the environments in DA:I, at times, felt slightly empty or vacuous.
    The Hinterlands did get a bit tedious, granted.

But, other locations, such as the Winter Palace - especially the ballroom - were marvelously realised, I thought.
    Last edited by Mr. Carnelian; 07-20-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Hinterlands did get a bit tedious, granted.

But, other locations, such as the Winter Palace - especially the ballroom - was marvelously realised, I thought.
    I found the desert locations the worst, personally. At least the Hinterlands had people.