FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

And the game is like $12 now, might pick it up in the next few months

Articles
    Blog Entries

If you get it, I'd consider getting the GoTY edition, as it comes with all the story DLCs and the other little DLC, and is surprisingly affordable.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Will there be a character as good as Leliana though?

I heard she's back but as like, a side character

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post

She is! And there are loads of good characters, you're bound to like at least some of them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Leliana's is in-between companion and side character, if we're tiering the cast of characters. She has more than enough impact in the story, don't you worry!

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Verric has to be the best companion of all time, unless they destroyed him in I.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nah he's still bro as hell, don't worry.

I love Solas because I love turning to him, looking him in the eye, making sure I know he's watching, and expressing no curiosity or interest in questioning anything in the world around me. Yes, Solas, let me drink in your disapproving disdain.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is admittedly amazing to have no time for any of egg's trout because he gets SO angry.

Having said that, Egg Was Right.

Articles
    Blog Entries

So Pike and Mister Adequate may have inspired me to go get Dragon Age: Origins on PC. And I am not disappointed. So many things are new! Tactical mode, whaaaa? More in-depth tactics, get out? I can tell people to move to point, shut your face?

Playing on PC has also introduced me to the wonderful world of modding! I've already completed it once on Xbox so I had great joy in getting remeshing, texture updates etc. The game looks decent now! Especially in the faces. One mod I got basically revamped everyone's look, and it was pretty noticable. I got a mod that tweaked my companions as well. Only got to Ostagar, but I met up with Wynne and she actually looks her age somewhat, instead of a thirty year old with grey hair. Kinda looking forward to seeing more people.

I also got other mods. Apparently there's a mod that introduces an entirely new character in Ser Gilmore, which is also fully voiced, so looking forward to see that work. I got an extra dog slot as a fifth party member so Dog is actually useful. Also various weapons and armour mods. The best thing I got was a universal dye pack which allows me to tint my stuff! Eeee!

I'll still getting used to keyboard and mouse though. I only ever play The Sims 3 on PC so I'm getting used to using wasd for movement. I still have to keep pausing every few seconds in combat, especially when trying to get backstabs. Is there an easier way for that? Or do I just have to keep pausing and directing people to move to point whenever an enemy shifts?

Playing as an archer really helps me appreciate tactical mode though. I can just zoom way out and direct myself to stand back and fire shots. I forget how slow archers are to become good though. So many useless talents to get to the good stuff like Master Archer and Scattershot. Ugh, why do they have so many sustaineds?

Doing the City Elf origin. I'm gaying it up with my character and I really wanted to say with my character during the whole arranged marriage business "I'm gay! Leave me alone!". Would've been nice, but I'm content to just go "I don't like this" and be done with it. Looking forward to playing some more later!

DAO was good... and then BioWare went full sellout and SJW....

So many gay characters, lesbians and weird characters that I could not assoicate with any of them.
    BioWare in their social justice fewer totally forgot that like 95% of people are plain old normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post

Leliana was not lesbian or buff enough I guess. She fell pray to the social justice pain train.

A beautiful, interesting, heterosexual woman with a sexy french accent? NO!

Get this lesbian elf and this schoolgirl elf instead and die of boredom.

You will not die of boredom with Sera. For certain. And Lelliana has a job to do. An important one. Verric is the only returning companion. It would make more sense to have Cullen follow you around than Lelliana. And him not being a companion has nothing to do with social justice. And there's only like one or two per game. It's not like playing Fantasy Lesbian Simulator. It's just a little diversity and none of it is mandatory to experience. You only find out Dorian is gay if you make friends with him

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

imagine being so pathetic that seeing a few non-straight characters sends you into conniptions, lmao

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh no, diversity! Run and hide!

Seriously though, DA: O had diverse representation as well. Leliana and Zevran were bisexual, for example. BioWare has always been one of the most committed developers when it comes to inclusion. They didn't change, if anything the only thing they did was become more​ committed.