Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31317181920212223

Thread: Dragon Age Series

There was a quasi-lesbian option in Knights of the Old Republic as well. Can't remember if the romance option was cut or not. But the character was still a lesbian

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Oh no, diversity! Run and hide!
    I know, right? I couldn't possibly be interested in characters who are dissimilar to me in any way whatsoever.

Personally, I've always thought that diverse characters have been one of this series' strengths. Always room for improvement, of course.

Just my stance
    DA:O - Great story, likable diverse cast, fun combat, nightmare mode is legit nightmare mode, but runs extremely poor on PS3 from what I experienced

DA 2 - Skipped due to negative reception I read and also wasn't feeling the demo nor characters much.

DA I: - solid story which got boosted from cameo appearances of some origin characters; more enjoyable combat than origins, but wasn't nearly as difficult as the original game as a whole in comparison; likable cast but not to the same degree of the origins cast
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"

You're missing out on DA 2. The big complaint is reusing maps. But the time they saved not making new maps was spent nuancing characters with intriguing back stories and growth and filling out a very expansive and powerful politically driven plot. It's not a fantastic game and it's not for everyone, but it probably shouldn't just be shrugged off either. And the demo sold the game terribly short. I originally passed on the game because of it myself. But its my girlfriends favorite in the series and she's replayed it many times and showed me how short sighted I originally was on it. I think the characters are the most diverse and well fleshed out personalities in the series

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

2 is smurfing great, despite having like three dungeons they reuse loads.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Thirding what Vyk and Adequate have said. DA2 is easily my second favorite in the series right after DAO. It's probably one of the most high concept games I've ever played, and it suffered from being rushed to completion but between the characters, story, and combat (simplified compared to DAO, but still a lot more fun than DAI's, IMO) it's a very solid game and I can only think of a few others that have made me feel and think as much as it has.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Fourthing.

The reused maps irk, but aren't a major flaw in the game which instead - as Vyk said - focused so much more on characterisation and story which I think is arguably the best cohesive story of the three games. What I love is that there isn't so much a central villain as just an entire city of wonderfully flawed people. I love the companions, and even Sebastian has his moments.

Funnily enough, the main thing I was bothered by was the combat. The only I didn't like was the faster paced. It was so fast paced. Playing as a warrior was just me wailing on the target with a fast flurry of blows.