Thread: Knights of the Old Republic Series

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Knights of the Old Republic Series

Have I mentioned I'm a BioWare fan yet? I wanted to know if that was sinking in.

Who here's played Knights of the Old Republic? Or even just the MMO The Old Republic? I have. Loved all of them. First one most of all, though I can admit the gameplay in KoTOR has not aged well. It feels like an awkward mix of traditional turn base and action role-playing. It probably would have been better to go full on action with it like how the MMO did. I really love all the different classes you could play as in TOR, too. Smuggler class is best class.

Discuss.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

KotOR is very very good but I'll admit I always found it to be a teeny tiny bit overrated. Like if I was gonna rate it on a scale of 1-10 I'd give it an 8, maybe. It was very enjoyable but never really grabbed me the way I know it did a lot of people.

I haven't played the MMO and really have no interest in it.

KOTOR II is infinitely better than I.

Kreia was amazing, one of the best characters I've ever seen in a game.

I also loved how you can train your various party members to be Jedi and what they became depended on your own alignment. They even had different dialogue and stuff. I know this because I tried it multiple ways. First, I was Neutral when I trained Mira to be Force sensitive. When I took her to the spot to "change her" she was practically crying. Encouraging her to open her mind and let in all the voices of the planet just flooded her with all the pain and grief of the place and it was causing her so much agony that she wanted to shut it all out. But when I was more Dark Side, she didn't hurt at all. On the contrary, during that scene, she just talks about how she wants the power I can give her so that she never has to feel that pain again; so she never has to be helpless again.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    KOTOR II is infinitely better than I.
    You'll get no argument from me. I liked the cast in II better than the first one and the villain was all sorts of terrifying. I just wish they had more time to work on it. It feels rushed.

I loved both KOTOR and KOTOR II, although I did slightly prefer KOTOR II.

The main villain of II was PROPER sinister. Probably helped that he never spoke. At least, I don't remember him ever speaking.

In the first game, I remember that I was stuck on the planet of the neutral fish-people for AGES.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    KotOR is very very good but I'll admit I always found it to be a teeny tiny bit overrated. Like if I was gonna rate it on a scale of 1-10 I'd give it an 8, maybe. It was very enjoyable but never really grabbed me the way I know it did a lot of people.

8 is a good rating. Heck, even 7 is supposed to be a good rating. mediocre doesn't start until you hit 6 or 5!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    I loved both KOTOR and KOTOR II, although I did slightly prefer KOTOR II.

The main villain of II was PROPER sinister. Probably helped that he never spoke. At least, I don't remember him ever speaking.

In the first game, I remember that I was stuck on the planet of the neutral fish-people for AGES.
    The most he ever did was this:

And it's very effective. Easily one of the best villains in video games.

I also hated the neutral fish-people world. I loved the trial scene, though.

On the topic of the original KOTOR, Dark Side Bastila is Best Bastila. Jennifer Hale is so much more delicious when she's...liberated.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post

8 is a good rating. Heck, even 7 is supposed to be a good rating. mediocre doesn't start until you hit 6 or 5!
    Exactly, that's my point. Because it is a good game. I just wouldn't give it a 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    On the topic of the original KOTOR, Dark Side Bastila is Best Bastila. Jennifer Hale is so much more delicious when she's...liberated.
    I had no idea Bastila was voiced by Jennifer Hale. She is a seriously prolific voice actor.

I must admit, I never really warmed to Bastila. She was a bit too 'holier than thou'.

Articles
    Blog Entries

She also voiced Naomi Hunter from the Metal Gear Solid franchise.

Woman gets around.