Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Worst Superhero Movie.

Default The Worst Superhero Movie.

What's the worst superhero movie, you could think of? For me, it's a three-way tie between Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, 1997's Batman & Robin and Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3. (By the way, I'm not gonna make this a pole because there's simply TOO MANY bad superhero movies out there, for me to keep track of.)
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 07-18-2015 at 07:18 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The old Captain America movie comes to mind. Followed by the 1984 Supergirl movie, and then Batman & Robin.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    The old Captain America movie comes to mind. Followed by the 1984 Supergirl movie, and then Batman & Robin.
    I was just going to say Captain America and sit back and see how long it took people to figure out what I meant. Thanks for ruining my fun before it began.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I don't know, I think the current Captain America movies could be improved with some scenes where Chris Evans pretends he's going to be sick and then steals people's cars.

I'd say Batman and Robin here. It features a Bat credit card.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

I need this car in the name of America!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Bat nipples,
    Mr. Mom,
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Batman is my favorite hero but there are some things I just can't forgive.

Worst movie for me though, I'd say Green Lantern. What a mess.

Blog Entries

Of the ones I've seen Green lantern was the one I felt least satisfied with and couldnt forgive it as a limitation of the times
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

In fairness, Mr. Freeze forcing everyone to sing "HE'S MISTER WHIIIITE CHRISTMAS, HE'S MISTER SNOW" was solid gold.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by G13 View Post
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.
    I will not stand for any negativity towards Adam West and his portrayal of the Dark Knight.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The pre-Tim Burton's Batman era superhero movies were all bad for the most part. They just didn't have the tech to do them right.

Of the modern era, I guess Clooney's Batman might've been the worst I've seen. I heard Catwoman was bad, but dinnae see it.
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 07-19-2015 at 03:26 AM. Reason: I forgot to add the "pre" before Tim Burton. I actually like the TB Batman movies.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There was more wrong with Tim Burton's Batman films than just the tech to make them.

Hell, Batman blows up an entire building full of criminals in the first one and they never address that he's essentially committed mass murder.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well he has killed villains in the book and his earliest incarnation used a gun as well before the post-Silver Age era DC finally set up a Myth Arc for the character. Besides, I'm cool with the different media's putting their own spin on heroes and Tim Burton needed to make the films darker than what people expected to get comic book films out of the animation ghetto so to speak.

X-Men 3: The Last Stand will always be the film that really hurt me as a fan. While the first two X-Men films were not close to what I wanted, they made the most of what could be done back then and I was just happy to have an X-Men movie but this film was just awful and I really wish X-Men writers would finally get over the Phoenix Saga. Wolverine: Origins and Batman and Robin are the other two really awful comic book movies I've seen.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Steel, Batman & Robin, The first Captain America, Catwoman. There are a lot of them.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Batman & Robin was the most cartoonishly bad. It justifiably is popularly considered the very worst superhero movie ever made.

X-Men 3 was the biggest disappointment, though probably not the worst on any objective criteria. The first two movies were actually pretty good for superhero movies at that time, especially X-2, and the third was just a horrific mess of absolutely terrible writing. I agree with WK that it probably ranks at as the most hurtful movie for comic book fans.

Green Lantern was also bad, but there was no one on the planet who expected it to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    X-Men 3: The Last Stand will always be the film that really hurt me as a fan. While the first two X-Men films were not close to what I wanted, they made the most of what could be done back then and I was just happy to have an X-Men movie but this film was just awful and I really wish X-Men writers would finally get over the Phoenix Saga. Wolverine: Origins and Batman and Robin are the other two really awful comic book movies I've seen.
    I made a mistake. If we're gonna talk about comic book superhero films that physically hurt us as fans then I have to talk about 2005's Fantastic Four movie starring Chris Evans as Johnny Storm. That movie physically hurt me. I don't know what I was expecting, going into that movie but I expected more and I expected better than what I got. Director, Tim Story's Fantastic Four is pure, unadulterated, crap. And it made me very skeptical of Josh Trank's Fantastic Four reboot. But I will see the 2015 Fantastic Four reboot in theaters, because for the last two summers I saw a 20th Century Fox superhero movie in the theater. In 2013, it was The Wolverine and last year it was X-Men: Days of Future Past, if Fantastic Four (2015) is even as half as good as those movies then I'll be happy I went to the theater to see it.