Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #48 - Don't Worry, We Got Better

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

The Shaunas do not endorse any hashtags that promote genocide.

Articles

Paul and Shauna don't understand hashtags. The Correct one in this circumstance is #sexyseymourwasright.

Brother too ships ClaskoxYuna, but only because he is the pilot sending them from places to places.

Articles

Double Posting like a baus

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #19 - Thunder Pain

In this episode, we apologise far too much. Which is understandable as we are terrible and also awful at pressing the correct buttons at the correct times.

At least the music is good, right?

Articles
    Blog Entries

You know you can use mix and items (and I'm not referring to Stash) more regularly with an Alchemist. You have more than enough items to throw around and the battles are less monotonous that way.

Personally I prefer the Alchemist's passive abilities over its Stash, but it seems that's a rather unpopular opinion.

I find it funny that the non-oversoul elemental was immune to Ice magic, but the oversoul version took damage just fine.

Armor Break does actually stack up, looks like that enemy was just resistant to it. At Defense -10 you do almost double damage. Conversely at Defense +10 enemies only take 1/6 of the usual damage which makes folks who love to spam Defense Up a major pain in the ass. Attack Up/Down works the same way btw, Attack -10 makes you do 1/6 regular damage, Attack +10 nearly doubles it.

Urgh I'd forgotten how slow those Yuna towers are.

I never thought about it before, but who the hell calibrates lightning rod towers by striking them with their daggers or sword or shooting them with a gun.

Haha oh that Tower 5. What a troll, hijacking the last quarter of the episode like that. Good luck on the other ones if you decide to give them a shot.

FYI Tower 10 is across the big lake on the left side in the northern half. It's easy to miss if you don't know about it. Grab a pen and paper or something though, it's quite the intense mental exercise otherwise (at least for me :P).

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I am sure we'll give them all a go, and we will definitely need all the luck we can muster.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

TAME IT! I've had the sodding airship music from this game stuck in my head and I know who is responsible

Actually Matt is right, they do get naked when they transform. There is like an inch of nudity on all of the models as the change goes from feet to head, and there are nude character models on disc as a result. DON'T ASK HOW I KNOW THAT There used to be a FFX and X-2 model viewer and manipulator back in the day. Before Shauna gets excited and over stimulated, the nude models were just like barbie dolls with no details.

Bulltrout, Shauna says shooting the breeze all the time. I remember in Edinburgh "Och aye, I was just shooting the breeze with handicap ghost".

I forgot how much I dislike the Thunder Plains music in X-2.

how is calibrating towers hard

HOW IS IT HARD SHAUNA NOT YOU AS WELL

ok these later ones are getting kinda tricky i retract my statement

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Another day, another dollar. Or gil. Whatever.

This week on Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2, we make a lot of cash to help us out going forward! But, there's the typical grind to get to that point, as always. But it's fine, the Gullwings don't have anything better to do with their time anyway!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Also I have been playing all along, Matt tricked you last episode!

Now, let me get back to finding that FFX-2 model program...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Geez Shauna way to turn around right before you reach the woman.

I actually really don't like this mission for one simple reason: the fact that you have to get it perfect for the Moonflow Episode Complete. It's so silly because there's no real indication as to how much the people will pay and getting it wrong just once is one time too many already. Oh well, at least it's a cheap 12500 Gil (or at least 7500) if you do have a guide.

I remember once resetting the game over and over again to get the highest reward for the Guadosalam data quest. I never did it again since. It's so tedious, and you usually wind up with enough Gil to pay off O'aka's debts anyways.

I really did forget about dressphere recommendations! Then I'll just go ahead and nominate Songstress Yuna, Gunner Rikku, Psychic Paine.

Articles

Megabutt. Bahabutt's overdrive.

...stop saying Tobli like that.

YES, SONGSTRESS YUNA FOREVERRRRR

I recommend BLACK MAGE RIKKU. How about that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Are we not saying Tobli the way the game does?

Articles

In casual conversation sure, but there was a period where you were both yelling it strangely.

Articles

Look at Mr. "I can't pronounce things correctly" here telling us we're wrong

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #21 - Look Ma, I'm on TV!

Do any of the main characters even have mothers? No? Okay.

Anyways, we crash land into Luca to see what's up and get forced into an impromptu interview. Little did we know that it was going to be cut short by the best character in the game, Brother~ Shauna still seems to disapprove of him for some reason though, she must just hate mohawks.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I miss this battle system so much. I can't wait until I can get a job, a good one so I can start playing stuff I've missed plus the new stuff.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The O'aka infinite gil trick seems like a strange oversight. Maybe it was even intentional. Doesn't matter too much since I can only think of one time where you actually need gil to get something, and by then you have way better ways to make gil fast.

The Den of Woe is such a creepy place. It's one of my favorite missions in the game though. The exploring it part, not the opening it part, that part's a major pain in the ass and is way too easy to screw up.

My god Yuna and Rikku are so annoying in this scene. Poor Paine XD

Dayum, you're doing quite a good amount of damage. I remember back in Chapter 1 these enemies took forever.

At some point I stopped bothering to sneak past the Ochus. It's not like they're hard.

I do like the many parallel stories of FFX-2 as well. It really feels like you're just dropped back in Spira and allowed to watch it progress to your liking.

Still forgot to pick up the Garment Grid off the cliff in the YLHQ.

Where the hell did Nooj get that random sphere of Paine just running around, I wonder? Actually screw that, how did THAT sphere become a part of the seal on the Den of Woe? I guess you can theorize that the guys sealing the cave just picked up Paine's camcorder and took all the spheres in it to make the seal, but... that creates issues in and of itself so I dunno...