Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #48 - Don't Worry, We Got Better

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

What kind of tablet is yours, Matt?

Lucile x Elmer or whatever 4eva

It was fun playing through these again!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Oh woe is us, the Macalania Woods are dying and it is much too sad of an affair for us to focus on so let's think about that party Tobli wants to throw instead. Distracted from the dying forest yet? No? Well, how about you play matchmaker to a bunch of rascally monkeys with silly names to save a historical monument being a tourist attraction? NOW KISS MONKEYS!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Goddamnit YRP how do you manage to identify this one hypello as the guy you helped in Chapter 1.

I'm pretty sure the musicians from the concert are different from the ones in this mission. At least in the German version I distinctly noticed their names being different.

Time Trip useless, what the hell are you smoking?

Ah crap I totally forgot to tell you about the submission here. If you get all three small musicians during the hunt you can grab a pretty neat Garment Grid in Chapter 3. The first two you found but the third is on the regular path below the crystal path.

Oh gooood the monkey mating mission. Worst mission in the game, period. It may be neat the first time but when you've play the game as many times as I have, doing it every time you want to get an Episode Complete in Zanarkand is goddamn boring. It wouldn't be so bad if you could just pick up any of the monkeys and didn't have to go in a specific order. The calming Zanarkand Ruins theme is the only thing saving this from being extremely tedious.

Since you have a Soul of Thamasa now, might as well use a Black Mage, eh? Songstress Yuna, White Mage Rikku, Black Mage Paine. God help you if you run into an enemy who's resistant to magic.

Articles

Yeah those forest critters are a barrel of smurfing laughs. We're soon going to meet our end! Toot toot!

"We had a discussion and Yuna can't reach Songstress until Chapter 5 so we're probably going to have to move her onto something else" HAHAHAHAHAH NOPE, SONGSTRESS FOREVER

"Isaaru isn't a jerk" yes he is Shauna. He is actually a meme on the Record Keeper community because of what a prick he is. Is Isaaru memes? Yes. Yes he is. YOUR AEONS AGAINST MINE. smurf off Isaaru you prick.

Find the EoFF monkey partners:

Ctrl Manslaughter
    Dis Rugg
    Shirt Sleeve Spitter of the Good Planet
    Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Goddamnit YRP how do you manage to identify this one hypello as the guy you helped in Chapter 1..
    Because they're not racists and don't think all hypellos look the same unlike SOME PEOPLE I COULD EVIDENTLY NAME

Articles

Your memes against mine.

Incidently this is memes

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Goddamnit YRP how do you manage to identify this one hypello as the guy you helped in Chapter 1..
    Because they're not racists and don't think all hypellos look the same unlike SOME PEOPLE I COULD EVIDENTLY NAME
    Tobli's assistant looks identical to a large amount of other hypellos!

But really I'm just salty I can't tell them apart myself

Articles

Kari "I don't differentiate Spiran Races" fean over here. You may have a last name but by Joe if I know it.

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #23 - The Fanservice Episode

On this week, we've reached a milestone as the channel has reached 1k subscribers. The Shaunas offer our celebrations the only way we know how, terrible banter, getting lost and requesting help from the fans and general tomfoolery. At least we see some bums.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hey, I'm not racist, I'm just meta.

It would be really weird if you called me by my proper last name yet still used Karifean as my first name y'know.

Congrats on the 1k ^^

You forgot the two chests you can reach in Kilika. The ones with trout contents.

Ah you made a mistake with the Ronso. The woman next to Kimahri requires you to pick the first option, not the second. Oh well, so much for the Yuna statue.

Mastered Yuna's Songstress! Nice! Now we can move on to the next!

"You mean we're supposed to climb THIS?" Hey, look at Leblanc's Goons, climbing is too boring for them so they just JUMP up the freaking wall.

Would you look at that, Matador's Song and Dirty Dancing in a fight without physical attacks, the only type of attack affected by these moves. Matt, your strategies are impeccable.

You're scaring the poor platform. You need to geeeently walk up to it and then jump on it when its guard is down!

Just pointing this out, you have a strange habit of using full-party cures even when there's clearly only one party member in (dire) need of curing.

Jesus these guys hit hard. Might have something to do with having no characters with any physical defense to speak of.

I believe up there is actually area from the very beginning of the game. Might be wrong on that though, I just know it's SOMEWHERE around here.

Oh god what are you doing why are you going back down it's right up there you just need to walk there it was literally two steps away from you gaaaaaaaah.

White Fangs are such assholes. They sometimes decide to just use Killer Fang and instantly KO one of your fighters. It's especially fun when you run into three of them and they all use it on their first turn. Screw these guys.

Hello fanservice.

WHERE THE HELL DID THAT UNIFORM COME FROM. Maybe it was in one of the FemGoon's nonexistant pockets. Or maybe... it's Ormi's. There's some nightmare fuel for you.

Bye fanservice.

Oh you still have to fight the guys, you just get to fight them separately with the privilege of healing at the save sphere between the fights.

I nominate Psychic Yuna, Songstress Rikku, Gun Mage Paine. Now that you know the skillset and which of them you use, picking the bread & butter abilities should be easier, right?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Ah you made a mistake with the Ronso. The woman next to Kimahri requires you to pick the first option, not the second. Oh well, so much for the Yuna statue.
    I knew there was a different option for one of the Ronso the first time around. I knew it. But I trusted Matt and he just leads me down dark paths.

Would you look at that, Matador's Song and Dirty Dancing in a fight without physical attacks, the only type of attack affected by these moves. Matt, your strategies are impeccable.
    Maaaaatttttttt tbh the first time I probably did it out of habit, but the rest of the time it's totally Matt's fault for suggesting poor ideas.

Just pointing this out, you have a strange habit of using full-party cures even when there's clearly only one party member in (dire) need of curing.
    It is entirely intentional, I am aware I was doing this. It was really just so when the Cura was prepping, the onslaught of attacks would be getting healed also. Although usually Paine was the one taking an age to cast.

Oh god what are you doing why are you going back down it's right up there you just need to walk there it was literally two steps away from you gaaaaaaaah.
    I do this every time I play the game, and probably will do so forever.

Oh you still have to fight the guys, you just get to fight them separately with the privilege of healing at the save sphere between the fights.
    Yes, we discovered this as we took literally one step to the left, and then promptly switched off the PS3. xD

Articles

Shauna's mum is subscribed to my bed

SONGSTRESS FOREEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR~

Seymour is only half Guado so why aren't they kicking human butt too? Stupid Ronso. #seymourwasright

I was slicing some toast into soldiers (yes I still and always eat with you on, king robert or no) and then Shauna said "Terra, not terror!" and I screwed my eyes up, grinned and looked upwards. I don't know why. It gave me some wonky soldiers.

A GIANT ENEMY CRAB LIVES UP THERE

So my initial thought was "Why did they just happen to have bikinis on them when they went to the frozen mountain?" but then I was like "Well Rikku wears one all the time anyway" but then I realised "It's a different one! She carries two yellow bikinis with her at all times!" and then I realised "Oh wait it's a one piece" and now I don't know what to think.

Articles

No Episode tonight. Recording failed.

It was a hell of an episode too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

We are real good at this thing. Watch this space! :3

Articles

It ain't broke no more, Maybe

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #24 - Speedrun

In this action packed episode of Lets Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD we finish up a whole two Missions in record time. It's our shortest episode yet!

Maybe we should have put a clip show together of our best moments to fill up the rest of the time...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Tricks of the trade, yay~

Angra Mainyu is a neat superboss. He's not particularly tough and you can get him into a loop pretty easily once you know how it's done, but it's a fun fight.

Azi Dahaka is an interesting way of forcing you to do a puzzle while still giving you an out if you really don't want to. The whole musical puzzle is pretty tedious so I usually just fight him too. Plus I find it hilarious how you can just jump right over the red lines of You Shall Not Pass.

Brother is not terrible! He's the best blitzer in Spira! Well he used to be two years ago, I suppose. Plus he has the best fighting style I've ever seen. Gotta give him credit for that. You could put him in your party for a change.

So next time, massage. Fun fact about that minigame, you can get two rewards from it depending on if you beat it without continuing or if you fail at least once. And the one where you fail once is actually the better accessory. Details for nerdsThe item for acing the game is the Gold Hairpin which halves MP cost, while the item for not acing the game is the Heady Perfume which gives you good stat increases as well as HP/MP Stroll. And my god, HP/MP Stroll is godlike in this game. Slap it on a Gunner and watch as they Scattershot each and every single random encounter into oblivion. It's hilarious. The Gold Hairpin is technically better for *single* fights while the Heady Perfume is better for lots of random fights, but there are hardly any fights difficult enough to justify using the Gold Hairpin to begin with. So Heady Perfume all the way. Plus the Heady Perfume is unique and can not be obtained anywhere else, so for completionists that should be the deciding factor anyways.

I nominate Gunner Yuna, Songstress Rikku, Black Mage Paine.