Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #48 - Don't Worry, We Got Better

Articles
    Blog Entries

I like how it's so completely obvious that the basilisk was going to use Stony Glare as well as who it's targeting.

Yup, Baralai is probably the biggest spike in difficulty in this game. He's super fast, saps your MP and stops you like it's nothing. I love how he sincerely apologized when he killed you though.

And yes, this Baralai boss fight is an opportunity to learn Drill Shot. Thanks to the Fiend Arena though, there's only one Blue Bullet that is truly missable in a single playthrough, and that is Annihilator. You can refight Baralai in the Arena and he does use Drill Shot there so yeah, not limited to the Bevelle and Den of Woe encounters this time around. He uses it as a counter after X number of hits btw which is why Trigger Happy triggers it so frequently, and it does 3/4 of your max HP or so which is why it's so deadly.

And then there's the oh-so-threatening Bahamut, uh, Wyrmface. Curse actually only prevents you from switching dresspheres, so it's nothing major, and all of his attacks are just hilariously weak. Or slow. Or both. At least you get Yuna's Ballad playing in the background.

Oh, next time Chapter 3, when the plot actually gets serious for a bit. Let's go with Black Mage Yuna, Songstress Rikku, Dark Knight Paine. For the next mission that involves fighting anyways.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Dat shriek from Matt

And dat sneeze

wtf I don't remember Baralai freaking out and attacking. Has that always been in it? I'm assuming it must've been and my memory is rap. WOW he is pushing your trout right back in as I type this. Yeah smurf I'd remember this surely. Oh hey Maser Eye that's Quistis's Soul Break in FFRK

I like how the music is kind of a sad depressing version of Yuna's X-2 theme. Kind of.

EVERYONE DARK KNIGHT smurf YOU BANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm not even really smurfing you over on this, for my final battle party I had two Dark Knights. A third one can only make it better!

Articles

We didn't manage to (read as forgot) to do a recording last night, and we are traveling today, so no episode today.

Maybe one on Thursday depending where we are in the country.

Articles

Best Mini-game inbound

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #29 - The Sphere Breakers

This week we do the Sphere Breaking! Needless to say, I'm amazing at this mini-game and boast about it everywhere.

What do you mean multipliers? What do you mean 50 quota? Don't need none of that..

Last edited by Dat Matt; 11-23-2015 at 10:52 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sphere Break YAY! Great minigame indeed.

Nice math skills Matt. Now if you only cared about echo bonuses you'd have been doing that much better. In this tournament I usually go for coin count echos of 4 coins. They're simple enough to maintain and have a good fast payoff even if they get cut through by a 1 quickly.

The real MVPs of Sphere Break are the multiplier echos. Once you get those you can stomp every enemy without much trouble since the echos can be maintained indefinitely. Too bad you're locked into four specific coins during the tournament.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Yeah, Matt quickly looked this up after his humiliating defeat.

Articles

I had forgotten about the mutlipliers. I think this was my downfall when I first played the game as I tried to make the biggest number I could, just like in the video. I'll crush him next time that I know what do to.

It makes sense that I know my numbers, cause I'm in da money business~

Articles

oh my god waaaaaaaaaaaawwuuwwwa waaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaa

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Sphere Break is really easy only losers lose (obviously). After our thrilling victory, we head out to see if anywhere else needs the help of the Friendly Neighbourhood Gullwings!

Looks like only LeBlanc needs our help to pull herself out of the darkness she finds herself in now that Nooj is gone. Maybe a tale that I already know the ending to from Maechen will cheer her up!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Nice win. Totally forgot to mention that you can get a really useful Garment Grid during the match against Shinra at random while getting 'Item' border coins. Oh well.

Gippal's a pretty cool guy, huh.

I find it strange how you just randomly encounter monsters in the Leblanc mansion now. It's like... Ormi, Logos, you should really look into this infestation that suddenly happened, maybe?

Makes me wonder how the 'Journey's Start' sphere randomly ended up on Mount Gagazet. I mean sure it's on the path from Bevelle to Zanarkand (their war enemy) but why would anyone take that sphere with them to there? Well then again you can wonder this about many of the spheres in this game.

Honestly I'm quite glad Maechen actually acknowledges Tidus' existence here since no one else ever does in this game besides former party members.

Still theorizing as to what realization exactly it was that slipped Maechen's mind in this scene.

Express is actually quite a useful skill for self-preservation. It gives you (the caster only, not the whole party) the effect of Perfect Pitch and Matador's Song and also Hastes you up on top of that. A good alternative if you don't want to use a Songstress for supreme dodging.

The more I play this game the more horrifying the Den of Woe events feel. Easily this game's high point in storytelling.

I nominate Dark Knight Yuna, Songstress Rikku and Lady Luck Paine. Gotta give the new dresspheres some love.

Articles

I went back anf got the White Signet Garment Grid. Shinra Nearly beat me though. I had 51/50 on turn 40.

Articles

What's Matt's favourite minigame? Is it catching butterflies, perchance?

Not gonna lie, got slightly aroused with the classic side butt shot and then classic Nooj butt sent me over the edge.

Articles

Holy Fanervice batman? Who am I kidding this whole game is fanservice

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #31 - Lady No-Luck

In this exciting installment, we take on the mysteries of the Mi'hen Highroad. Unfortunately due to poor fortune on our part we are taking Lady Luck with us. Things don't go well as Shauna almost murders us several times.

Well, at least we see butts.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Lady Luck is pretty strong. Casually doing more damage than the Dark Knight with a set of cards.

IMO the only abilities on the Dark Knight worth a damn are the passives. Maybe Black Sky. The only other reason you'd use this dressphere is for its defenses and Darkness. I find it pretty boring tbh. (Not going to suggest it ever again =P)

I still have to laugh a bit over how all of the enemies just simply cannot ever hit you after Matador's Song.

Reels aren't random. You got Clean Slate for getting two cherries in a row and Armor Break for one cherry in a row. The game is nice enough to give you all horizontals and diagonals you manage to get which is the reason you keep getting multiple WINs/attacks. The reels aren't too bad since they only have a few symbols before the pattern repeats. With good timing it's not too hard to hit. 777 gives you Shin-Zantetsu (Death on all enemies) IIRC. The real good stuff is on the other reels abilities which have two of the single most broken abilities in the game. I'd almost say it's worth learning to use the reels properly just to get those consistently.

Dud is a pretty hefty price to pay for messing up though...

"Never gonna use Lady Luck ever again"? No way. Lady Luck is great! IIRC there's some tougher fighting coming up next time so I'll nominate Songstress Yuna, White Mage Rikku, Psychic Paine.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Right, I guessed it wasn't random in the reels, but we just have no idea what any of the things mean. So without knowing that one cherry is Armour Break, and two cherries is Clean Slate (which are completely unconnected what xD) it's all just completely all over the place. Ah well.

It's not too bad, but yeah - Dud is a horrible punishment for getting it wrong (although with Matador's Song it barely even matters).