Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #48 - Don't Worry, We Got Better

Articles
    Blog Entries

>Has Matador's Song to increase everyone's evasion chance by 100%
    >Has Sleepy Shuffle to knock out most opponents semi-permanently
    >Uses Darkness Dance all the time
    >

This team is working out pretty well though.

"I miss my White Mage." Because you totally don't have a Garment Grid that gives the Cure spell to anyone who simply equips it. Also btw you never did grab the GG you get for watching the GG tutorial.

Gotta love the Gun Mage. Going out of your way to get Blue Bullets is so worth it, especially once you hit Chapter 3. Plus it needs no AP to be effective since all of its regularly learnable skills are extremely situational and not explicitly worth getting.

I assume you're using nemes1s' Perfect Game Guide? If so, fair warning, the guide blatantly skips two little optional thingies in Kilika. For one, make sure to talk to the camera guy on the boat and have him show you the new Youth League HQ. It's frustrating to miss that since if you forget to do this now in Chapter 1, you cannot get the Break Damage Limit accessory later on.

The other is the monkey finding sidequest you can do during the main story mission, where you look for 13 Squatter Monkeys in the Kilika Woods. You can also do this later (you can't even get the reward for it until Chapter 3 IIRC) but might as well.

Also just before going to Zanarkand is a good opportunity to give the Fiend Arena a try. It's the second-to-last option in Shinra's Creature Creator menu. You can do tournaments and exhibition battles against all kinds of enemies with no worries of a Game Over, and if you manage to win the first tournament you get the wonderful second new dressphere (my overall favorite) so I recommend doing it sooner rather than later.
    Bring your best team though (i.e. the one you're currently using) as the enemies are still quite strong.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I may have claimed to be good at this game, but I am not good at this game. Darkness Dance works well!

You saw us considering changing up the GG, but then ultimately stuck with what we had because defence! Maybe one day we'll shake it up...

And cheers for the tips, we'll see about doing the Fiend Arena thing. Maybe even use Matador Song and Sleepy Shuffle or something, just to shake it up. x}

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

SO LAZY EVEN THE VIDEO HAS THE FIRE ALARM BEEPING JESUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

beep

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

no I TOLD you to have three gunners what even is this!!!

JESUS CHRIST SHAUNA CONTROLLER DROP

Matt is a bandit of a different kind (if you know what i mean (and i think you do))

i don't want different gunners i want the same gunners EVERYONE GUN MAGE YOU smurfS

I heard Yuna used to narrate the world map locations.

Articles

Have I stolen your heart yet? (Probably not because we aren't using thieves this episode)

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #10 - Bee-vell

In this exciting installment we have a wander around Bevelle and Kilika doing ~cutscenes~.

Don't worry loyal viewer, we manage to squeeze in some battles. Needless to say things really don't go well for us because of course they don't.

Articles
    Blog Entries

You can actually get a Tiara in Bevelle if you follow Baralai into the temple and talk to him once more. I don't think it gives any percentage though, and it's a trout accessory anyway, so whatever.

Squatter Monkey sidequest is literally holding the X button as you touch every pixel of the forest wall in the Kilika Forest. It's quite a silly quest. For the record, despite your passage being blocked at some points, you can still get all 13 monkeys in Chapter 1.

Do you know what's useful? Absorbing elements. Especially Lightning. Oh if only we had something to casually give a particular elemental absorption to whoever we want...

The status Yuna had there was Itchy, which blocks all commands except for spherechanging, and is immediatly cured by spherechanging as well. It's pretty annoying, but since spherechanging takes exactly 0 battle time it's not that bad.

Yay Fiend Arena

I love how the Flying Circus battle went perfectly well the moment you stepped up your game even just a tiny bit. The world of difference between pressing X to win and actually using strategies and having proper preparation is absolutely staggering in this game, I daresay more so here than in any other Final Fantasy game. Too bad the difficulty in this game is low enough the former is actually a workable approach -.-

The flans can be put to sleep but the Haizhe is immune. If you're redoing it offscreen, try Matador's Song. It basically makes you auto-dodge physical attacks which certainly would've helped here. Actually you're lucky you didn't run into an Amorphous Gel. There are tricks to take it out asap, but it's serious trouble if you're not careful.

Articles

What is your deal Matt?

Baralai is pretty Bara-fly for a white Bara-guy. New Yevon is New Heaven.

Dona could be a Gullwing, dressing like that.

I see a lot of sleeping flans, so. I didn't even know this fiend place existed xD

EVERYONE GUN MAEG

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

The fiend thing is new in the Internation Edition! I say new, but I mean new to us in the West.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

To Zanarkand!

Where we find that it has been turned (understandably) into a tourist attraction where former summoners take tours around all the nooks and crannies. Must be dangerous, since there are still fiends everywhere. Fiends and Leblanc's goons. And annoying children.

Also squatter monkeys with shifty eyes... they're just little cuties, right?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

yuna you smurfing idiot goddamnit it yuna smurfing keymon are you serious
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

Look at this

Look at rikkus cold dead eyes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hmm, that woman probably says "Suteki da ne" in the Japanese version. Did that even have an official translation as "Isn't it wonderful" back then?

Nice choice of GGs. They sure made their presence known this episode too, huh.

You could technically get Mighty Guard and White Wind right now. Not that either of those abilities is particularly useful until later in the game.

Gun Mage is pretty great. In terms of sheer damage bursts no other dressphere consistently beats it except for Mascot. Gotta know where to find your Blue Bullets though. Without them it's more of a pretty trout dressphere.

Ah Key-Mon, classic translation issue. You just can't equate the Japanese language at wordplays no matter how hard you try. Never would've noticed Rikku's eyes without Spoony pointing them out though.

One Matador's Song and the Behemoth never again hit a physical attack. Have I mentioned I love this ability?

I like the new Zanarkand Ruins music. It's calming but conveys the total change it's gone through since FFX.

Don't know if you'll get to start the Kilika mission next episode, but if you do, I'll nominate Songstress Yuna, Thief Rikku, Warrior Paine. Back to the roots ^^
    Although now that you've gotten better at using the Songstress maybe it's timeto build up another one from scratch.

Articles

I like the dialogue with the "Zanarkand such a deep and mysterious place where summoners passed on their pilgrimages. How fabulous!" and "I'm like, soooo touched". One of the cleverer pieces of work from Square here imho.

WHY NOT ALL GUN MAGE ARRRGH

Yeah I think Blue Peter will always be a thing. I think it's trout and trying to be trendy (as it always does) but it'll never die.

Hamtaro. I nodded. Also yep Mon guy has a really low PER stat. OH GOD RIKKU DEAD FACE WTF

smurf you, jumbled items are cool. Just for that, THREE WHITE MAGES NEXT EPISODE YOU JERK.

actually change that, two white mages and dancer Yuna. I can't help but sing along with her when the party wins

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Nice choice of GGs. They sure made their presence known this episode too, huh.
    In varying degrees of success... xD

Never would've noticed Rikku's eyes without Spoony pointing them out though.
    I have never not noticed them. Haunting my nightmares since age 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I like the dialogue with the "Zanarkand such a deep and mysterious place where summoners passed on their pilgrimages. How fabulous!" and "I'm like, soooo touched". One of the cleverer pieces of work from Square here imho.
    They really captured how we on this side of the planet talk.

WHY NOT ALL GUN MAGE ARRRGH
    Because rules.

smurf you, jumbled items are cool.
    They are absolutely not. xD