Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #48 - Don't Worry, We Got Better

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Yeah, I was thinking about looking into what we need to do throughout the chapter and start getting stuff done so that we don't have a heck of a lot of things to do all at once.

Articles

Well, here's some blitzball for you...

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #44 - Moogles and Utter Failure

In this week's episode, we go to Luca as promised last time with the best of intentions to get things done.

Things don't go well, as we get the old Blitzball bug. Our rag tag bunch of friends (and 2 others) face off against the pros. Little did we know these guys are way more professional than we expected.

Will the Kilika Beasts V Gullwings battle live up to your expectations!? Probably not, we're pretty bad at this. Also we apologise for the amount of blitzball played.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ah yes the infamous Final Fantasy X-2 Blitzball. I played a bit of it but never delved too deep.

You can control the 'stars' with L1 and R1, it makes your players play more recklessly, doing more special moves but getting injured more easily. Never mind you figured it out eventually.

Why... would you put Brother... in front of Paine...

"We have to play the Kilika Beasts" she says twenty seconds after playing the Kilika Beasts.

It was around this point that I started laughing uncontrollably.

Called game, huh?

Aaaand you won. GG =P

You are indeed supposed to be training your players before really starting to play blitzball. Though really, the only reason to be playing blitzball in this game is for fun, for completionism or for AP Eggs.

It's not until now that I realize that this is an Episode Complete just for Yuna. All the others involve her helping someone else and growing while doing that, but in this one it's all about her. It's kind of a nice little mission now that I look at it that way.

Kilika Island, huh. Maybe there'll actually be some battling.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

No, there were no battles, sadly.

The Shaunas do what they promise and clear up two episodes in a single sitting of Final Fantasy X-2! What next, Dona and Barthello being reunited and Lulu actually having her baby?

Oh.

Well, all that does happen along with some other small bits of characterisation. Also an unacknowledged sex joke, did you catch it?! Please acknowledge it. Please.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I assume the Kilikans followed Dona's example and got rid of the guard in the woods themselves.

Songs are powerful. Matador's Song for instance!

Time is precious indeed. How much you wanna bet you're gonna forget to get the Cactuar while you're here!

Yay, the ~Invincible~. One of the best accessories in the game. It's ridiculous how easy it is to miss.

Dona-chan wa tsundere da yo ne~

Twilight Rain gives your Floral Fallal one of the limit breaks. So it's mostly useless.

I always found it strange how you just run straight through Lulu there. I was so confused the first time that happened.

I like Chappu's sphere. It brings the Episode to such a satisfying conclusion.

Thunder Plains may not be short but Mi'ihen Highroad is too short to fill up a single video! Plus Thunder Plains mission gives what I consider to be the #1 best Garment Grid in the game (before the postgame anyways) so the sooner you can do it, the better.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm back watching again and in the very first episode Matt announces me as "not a friend" FU THIS IS WHY I STOPPED

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

It's almost like he knew.

Articles

2 episode completes? Does this spark the last time we'll see a Ronso? only time will tell!

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #46 - Changing People's Minds by Force

This week on Lets Play FFX-2 HD, we reach two more episode completes! We figure out the mystery of the accidents in the Mi'ihen Highroad, and we watch Kimarhi beat some sense into the upstart Ronso Youths of today, with his fists.

All it took in both instances for people to change their ways was to tell them they were responsible, like one time. Kids these days, amirite?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Or that other thing. Completely on the other side of the spectrum. The Shaunas are rusty at this game, but not rusty enough at being terrible Let's Players. We take on the Thunder Plains, if you can even call it "taking on"

Apologies for the game sound cutting out every time we talk, we are still practising with our new capture program, it won't happen again!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh you don't even know how much I missed this.

Can't help but admit I had to smile on the inside when you replaced the Auto-Shell with an Auto-Protect, against the enemies where Shell is useful and Protect is absolutely not.

Ooh now what could that Champion Belt be~? One of the best accessories in the game, maybe? I don't know, let's just not check it out. We're fine using trout accessories.

I love how much of a glass cannon you are. Curaga-All pretty much literally heals everyone to full HP but the Chaos Flame kills Rikku in one hit. That crit Heartless Attack though. Moves that reduce your HP to 1 being capable of critting is so cheeky.

How cute. They think they're getting the Thunder Plains done in one episode. Humbaba's not the end of this episode y'know.

Shell was single-target in FFX, but X-2 is a little smarter about these buffs.

Humbaba... not the hardest of bosses but his final Meteor is always a scare. Probably should've gone to save.

Ayup. That fight would've gone better if you'd used actually good accessories =D Better luck next time!

I feel welcomed right back.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Honestly, after we got our butts handed to us we went back and actually sorted our lives out a little bit more. xD We are ready for next time!

Articles

Oh hey guys Dat_Matt here it's only been like 4 months or whatever hows it's going?

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #48 - Don't Worry, We Got Better

So, that Humbaba kicked our asses royally at the end of the last episode. Not wanting to seem like they're too terrible, The Shaunas sorted their lives out a bit and leveled up. Now with their new found level ups, they face off against their old nemesis. Spoilers - they lose again.

Following this, they move on and wrap up a few other episodes that don't require fighting a stupid buttface that 100% cheats.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Congrats, you now own ~the best Garment Grid in the game~. Now let's proceed to never use it!

You missed the chest at Tower #10 ;_;

"This place is swarming with fiends" he says. Fun fact: there are literally no fiends to encounter in the cave, only machina. Damn it Cid.

Ah yes that realization when you realize what the scramblers from Chapter 3 are actually for and that they're completely and utterly pointless because you can destroy the ones in this fight in a few turns. Fun times.

The Machina Panzer is wonderful for farming in Shinra's Fiend Arena btw. 80k Gil per win with 3x Double Gil, a Crystal Bangle and you can also steal an Oath Veil which is a pretty damn good accessory.

Paine's "Woo hoo" is such a perfect response to Tobli's unreasonably silly request xD

Gotta say I love how a lot of the areas in Chapter 5 don't have any missions, you just get to see the results of all you accomplished. And the consequences of all you failed to accomplish. It's so good.

The Ray of Hope GG is also stupidly good. If you've ever equipped a Rabite's Foot you know how incredible an extra 150 Luck is gonna be. Literally increasing your accuracy and evasion chances by 150%. Against a lot of enemies that's a straight up GG right there. Though it's not quite the Berserker's Evade & Counter still =P

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Episode 6:
    balloons
    despite being trout at math, i actually kind of like sphere break
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Episode 7:
    smurf kimahri
    i just realized
    did they make ronso blue because blu mage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.