Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #48 - Don't Worry, We Got Better

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Matt's impression hurts me

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

After our quick trip previously, we find ourselves in it for the long haul in Leblanc's manor in Guadosalam. The Shaunas reminisce about the history of this grand building, while they give massages to their enemies. Wait, wasn't the fanservice episode a few weeks ago? And does Yuna even have any qualifications for such things?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Seeing Leblanc go all deredere was pretty hilarious for me first time through.

Are FemGoons all trained in massages or do they just tell a random one to do it and hope for the best? With that in mind, failing the first attempt by continuously picking blues turns out quite ironic. Stop assigning massage duty to the first random FemGoon you see, idiots!

Seriously, what the hell YRP. Getting out of your disguise right then and there makes it really comical how you're found out LITERALLY TWO STEPS LATER.

Sure, ignore the amazing golden accessory you just acquired, SHAUNA.

Yeah, Yuna hasn't been doing much except singing and dancing. And it's been pretty helpful.

It's really annoying that Trigger Happy target switching takes so absurdly long. You need Trigger Happy Lv. 2 or 3 to get even so much as a single shot off.

That chest is such a tease. Goddamn story-gameplay-segregation.

Did you really just use a Mega-Phoenix!?

And there goes the Leblanc trio's final fight. I really wish they had a proper boss fight in the Arena, but we got the Weak Squad instead. They're still pretty cool, but a massively powerful No Love Lost would've been a real sight to behold. Logos is one of the best party members to capture through Creature Create btw. Dude attacks crazy fast.

You know with how Vegnagun is supposedly super-sensitive they were damn lucky that not one of the guards was like "well trout that thing looks ugly" or else they'd immediatly have a massive uncontrollable weapon on the loose.

Yuna's Ballad! Such a beautiful track.

Would be nice if you could do the whole Bevelle mission in one episode, although it might be a bit long for that. Don't forget to pick up the Bloodlust and Wring accessories while you're there, they're pretty neato and fun to use every once in a while (the latter more so than the former).

I nominate Psychic Yuna (that style~), Songstress Rikku and Gunner Paine for Bevelle. There's a good Blue Bullet you can get down there from Baralai, but knowing you you'd never use it anyway, plus it's a bit of a pain to get.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

yes i used a mega-phoenix i will never live this down

Articles

I will pay for a massage from the Shaunas. Not very much mind you but currency is currency.

I like how Shauna is trying to moralise the stealing of the sphere. smurf that, they're villains and they stole from us first. And besides, Rikku's whole freakin' job thing is Thief, sooooo

I never thought I'd see the day I'd get tired of the Leblanc battle music. ...and I still haven't!

hello welcome to my mansion make yourself at home don't mind the random spiked blocks roaming the halls do you want to see my sphere collection

Articles

So we did our recording there and inteneded to post it tonight. Unfortunately it ended up being 68 minutes long and Shauna and I now hate each other so update tomorrow~

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

And by tomorrow we meant Thursday because it took about 5 hours to process the videos properly and then we were out last night so.

Today on the LeBlanc show, LeBlanc takes control and tells us where we need to go using her LeBlanc branded airship. Or so she'd like to believe before she scarpers with her goons.

In the meanwhile, Yuna and co start their trek through the underbelly of Bevelle. They'll manage to get it all done fairly promptly, right?

Nah, TO BE CONTINUED!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yuna has hardly worn any dresspheres besides Songstress so yeah.

Holy crap those Trigger Happies (totally a valid pluralization) tore through that mech like crazy.

Hey come on Psychic Yuna is awesome. Love that dark Psychic design.

It's pretty silly how easily you can get down into Bevelle's secret depths. But suspension of disbelief and all that. Kinda like how you might ask why you can suddenly just walk on the paths in the temple whereas you needed a platform before.

Oh smurf they don't know what Pointless is... this is going to be such a waste of EXP...

Haha oh my god the lizard jumps at you and suddenly you're in a fight with two completely different lizards. Get your enemy models straight FFX-2.

I do like the eerie music of this place.

Haha Poison Fang hit Yuna so you'll be curing Pointless along with it. Sometimes things just work out nicely.

That is such an inconspicuous treasure chest in the corner that I kept missing it all the time for way too long.

And that's Bevelle Cloisters. Best part about this area is that you get really damn good accessories if you come back here in the next chapters.

Next up, the Bevelle Depths. I nominate Gunner Yuna, Songstress Rikku, Psychic Paine, because Matt wanted it so. Are you planning on doing the whole puzzle, with optional rewards?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

As I watched through this video I saw that Yuna had pointless way back when I cured Rikku of poison. Missed it entirely when I was playing, because of course I did.

And you'll see what we end up doing with the Bevelle Depths...

Articles

Girly man!? MISOGYNY ALERT LOGOS GEEZ

Yeah I'm a youth league spy in my regular smurfing clothes. Douche.

Flying cat ears schoolgirl Yuna makes me feel a little bit sick.

Articles

The Depths is going to be a great episode because this was originally one segment. I just don't know where to stop episodes and we powered through.

Shauna did not approve.

Articles

We are pretty awful in this episode. Like not kidding you might wanna brace yourself.

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #23 - Mistakes Were Made

In this episode of lets play FFX-2 HD nothing goes right.

We made the mistake of not resting at the save point and it all goes downhill from there. Watch as we continue to get literally nothing right and Shauna gets more and more frustrated as the seconds tick on.

At least we didn't miss anything important and/or useful...

Articles
    Blog Entries

So this is the "trainwreck episode", huh? Let's see how this works out.

I always found it funny how you casually fight the Chapter 1 endboss a couple times in a row here.

You can actually go back up the chains behind the other towers (not the one you came down at) too and find treasures. Took me freaking forever to realize.

That chained Maser Eye is pretty strong.

The gaol puzzle can be pretty annoying if you don't know how it's done, and it's just incredibly easy if you do since the pattern is completely static and repeats every five rotations. It's worth doing either way cause the Wring is just a damn good accessory. Fun combo is Gunner + Wring -> Enchanted Ammo spam. Pretty powerful.

The goddamn Dark Knight puzzle can go smurf itself though. It's pretty damn silly.

You can go back for that Ribbon you skipped next chapter. You were on the right track, but you just kinda left before moving the platforms in their proper place.

Well that wasn't so bad. I was half-expecting you to suddenly Game Over after spending all that time on puzzles.

Next up, probably one of the most difficult storyline bosses in this game. And also one of the easiest.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I mean, it wasn't much of a car crash - it was more that we wanted to go to bed and Matt was being bad at navigating us around the dungeon and I was getting impatient with all the happenings. The machina puzzle could have went better, too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

No more bickering! Time to get this game PLAYED! The Shaunas put aside past differences and come together to get the excellent Dark Knight dressphere, and kick all sorts of Chapter 2 bosses. No problems here! Well, sort of...