Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "But you didn't get the TRUE Ending!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    You guys need to get into MegaTen.
    Except that MegaTen ruins it's multiple endings by declaring one of them to be the "true" ending. Thus negating any feeling of player choice or agency, destroying the entire point of having endings based around moral choice, and shoving some completely BS philosophies down the throat of the player as the "correct" way to do things.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, not really. Persona aside, the only instance there is a canon ending is SMT1, but that's because SMT2 is a direct sequel and they had to cut off the branches. The usual Law, Chaos and Neutral routes are all presented in a pretty cynical fashion with none of them taking any precedence over the other. Which one is "better" is up to your personal preference.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The only genre where this is permitted is fighting games. I prefer to believe Gon's Tekken 3 "loop" ending is the true ending and now the world of Tekken is stuck in a permanent tiny flying orange dinosaur loop.

I wanna play the one where the girl goes crazy and the end has her cradling the guy's severed head.

Or is that only in the anime version?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    I wanna play the one where the girl goes crazy and the end has her cradling the guy's severed head.

Or is that only in the anime version?
    Not sure which endless number of Visual Novels you're referring to - but the anime adaptations take all their inspiration from the events of the original VN.

Is there really that many VNs where girls end up cradling severed heads?

If so, I must play more of them.

It's the one where the guy has like a harem and abuses all of them. It always sounded like it was a direct smurf You to the entire concept of Harem Anime//Manga.

Articles
    Blog Entries

That would be School Days. The anime got itself a bit of a reputation. And yeah, you could call it a 'deconstruction of the Harem genre', I guess...

Though the storyline depicted in the anime doesn't actually appear in the visual novel, as far as I know. Not that the VN is any less disturbing, mind you, the anime is still very much in the spirit of the original material. I haven't read it myself, and I don't intend to do so anytime soon.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I thought it'd be School Days, tbh. But it could have been Higurashi! xD Weirdly gory brutal things happen in that aw the time.

I think its good in something like Halo where theres usually an extra scene if you beat the game on the highest difficulty. Its annoying in games like X-2 where you are given choices like new yevon or youth league and the game is telling you you made the right or wrong choice. Choice in games is fine if done right but you should never have choices there just to be right or wrong so you need to use a guide to see everything.