Thread: Suikoden Marathon

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sorry guys, my schedule has been all off because I've been sick and my boyfriend has been sick and our roof is being repaired and I'm getting ready for school. So updates will probably start slowing down here soon.

August 3rd

*Went to Sable

*Spent all of my money recruiting Dongo

*Noticed I don't feel like a lot of the voices match the characters well

*Great acting from Sialeeds and Dinn. It was a good scene, I liked it

*Recruited Dinn, Roy, Faylon, Faylen, Linfa, Nakula, Sagiri

*Super pumped about Faylen and Sagiri as they are two of my favourite characters

*Went to Beaver Lodge, defeated Dolph. Much easier than I was expecting

*I keep worrying I'm under-leveled because my recruits are joining me at higher levels, like Nikea at level 40 and Richard at level 44, but things seem to be going well so far

*Euram really needs to stop trying to kill me. At least he doesn't give up

*Recruited Isabel and Mathias

Total Stars of Destiny: 64/108

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

August 4th

*Went to the Island Nations Island

*PUPPET SHOW!! She's adorable, the puppet lady. I liked her impression of Brandeau and Flare

*Bernadette looks a lot like her father, who is quite the special guy

*Lots of call backs to Suikoden IV, which was pretty neat. It's a shame there was no save data bonus. But we did get the battle music from SIV for that one fight

*Recruited Bernadette

*Lym had her coronation, HQ was updated. I forgot how big it gets and I think it upgrades even more if I recall correctly. Took me a bit of time to get back in the swing of things.

*Recruited Byakuren, Miroon, Meroon, Moroon, Babbage, Lu, Chisato, Yahr, and Nelis.

*Did the whole Rune Cannon ship graveyard thingy

*Did the war battle, which went better than expected

*Fought Alenia which went better than expected

*MIAKIS Did the duel and you get the idea. Had a lot of stuff going on there, but it all went better and more smoothly than expected

*RECRUITED MIAKIS !!!!!!!! They aren't letting me use her yet though which is bum Saw the whole Georg scene

*Finally got my Star of Destiny tablet!

*Recruited Levi, Bergen, Norma, Ernst, Gavaya, and Raven

Total Stars of Destiny: 83/108

map

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sorry guys, I've been busy and sick! But I did play some more today!

August 7th

*Got everyone available up to level 40. The Big Hole is a good place to grind (heehee)

*Did the Queen's Campaign, got Victory+

*Made my three parties. I had:
    Roy, Josephine, Faylen, Lun, Zerase, Bernadette
    Kyle, Viki, Jeane, Lelei, Dinn, Nelis
    Prince, Lyon, Sialeeds, Miakis, Zegai, Lorelai
    Battles went really well!

*Sialeeds betrayed me like a big fat betrayer

*I liked how all of the characters had special dialogue the night before the Queen's Campaign and the morning after. It was a nice touch

*And umm saw the touching flashback scene. Made me realize how long it had been since we were in Sol-Falena. Also, I cried a little bit at the part where Arshtat killed her husband. Was very touching. It got a little corny by the end but still some awesome scenes

*Pretty tired so will resume tomorrow

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

August 8th

*Recruited Galleon, Isato, Haswar

*Did the Eresh dungeon. Was my first time doing this one, I usually go for Euram if I go for all 108. Was tough but manageable. The boss fight was actually pretty short, but I lost everyone but Jeane and Miakis.

*Recruited Eresh

*Went to Port Whatzit and the Naval Base and recruited Hazuki and Cathari

*Was thinking of having Hazuki replace Zegai because she's prettier, but umm she can't equip a drain rune so boo

*Went to Dragonsville and recruited Rania

Total Stars of Destiny: 91/108

map

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

August 9th

*Met with Craig and them

*Went to Twilight Forest Ruins thing. Managed to get lost even with a map

*Boss fight went pretty alright

*Recruited Killey

*Struggling to remember what happened, it's been a long weekend. I think I did a war battle defending Lelcar and it was a Victory but my first not Victory+

*Eventually started having to travel the very slow way, which I don't like because I'm spoiled

*Recruited Wabon and Gunde

*Lots of back and forth

*Recruited Roog and Rahal

*Evacuated HQ

*Have to choose an all male party which I am not excited about :/

Total Stars of Destiny: 96/108

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh goodness, I have some catching up to do

August 12th/13th

*Did the whole Gordius village thing, wasn't so bad. Georg RUINED my stat taking so it may or may not get done, depending. I'll try my best though :x

*Did a lot of back and forth again. Recruited Georg, Craig, and Lance.

*Recruited Flail (didn't remember Flail is a girl), Ax, Nick, and Yoran

*Did some war battles. Can't remember all of the stuff but I have been doing pretty well. One of them I only lost 89 units total, it was pretty good. Another one I lost not one single person. But there's been a lot of war battles and I can't remember which I did when.

*Got my HQ back!

*Went and recruited Haleth nervously. He was the last "missable" character (so long as you don't choose to reject Shula and recruited Eresh instead of Euram)

*Recruited Shula, Nifsara, and Sharmista. My first playthrough I though Shula was a woman for the longest time.

*Recruited Shoon. Did pretty good in boss fights. Got Stormfist

*And now I'm dreading the boss fight after boss fight after boss fight coming up. But I am prepping 3 parties, getting everyone's weapon up to lvl 14, and buying them good equipment. I bought a bunch of those fortune rings and I bring Egbert and Norma along, so the cash comes in pretty easily. I don't have 4 rings on each character, but I have quite a few, and I earn about 50k per fight. Most fights are pretty short so it's a good way to earn much needed cash. Will keep a separate save file when it's all done and proceed with the game. That way when sharky gets back we can watch all of the combo attack and bath scenes!

Total Stars of Destiny 108/108

Gosh that was something

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

August 14th

Oki doki! So I got everyone up where I needed them and went on with the game.

*Did the second to last War Battle and had 0 lost units! Did the last war battle which was much harder but got Victory+ still

*Did the boss battles and duels in the Sun Palace. Retook Sol-Falena!

*Did the mountain thing with my three parties. First boss with Lyon's team was the hardest for me.

*Beat the boss on the first try! It wasn't easy, but I did it! My party was Prince, Miakis, Zegai, Viki, Lun, and Faylen.

*WON THE GAME, WOO HOO! About 75 hours total. Record for most enemies defeated goes to the Prince, most damage dealt went to Lun, and best healer went to Miakis!

So some thoughts. I really felt bad for Euram when Sialeeds killed his dad. This game also did a much better job than IV of making this feel like a long adventure. When I got back to the Sun Palace it was like "wow, it's been a while!" as opposed to like with Razril when it didn't feel like that. Even thinking back on when we were staying in Rainwall felt like so long ago and getting the HQ.

I was really sad to leave the HQ. I spent a while there and I really liked it. Some of the endings made me sad, and Suikoden does a good job of showing characters all going their separate ways after the war. They were united by something and afterwards they all go their separate ways, kind of like in life. I did like Zunda's ending and Lun becoming the first female Dragon Horse rider. As usual, I liked the "night before" scenes.

I got the good ending where Lyon was revived and I also had enough Lym points that I ended up staying as a Commander of the Queen's Knight. I liked the Prince's new haircut!

So as far as recruiting, while Suikosource has great ones for the other games, the one for this game is not as good. So I used it with a walkthrough. You can find the guide here and the walkthrough here. Just don't use that guide by itself or you'll probably miss some stars.

I loved the game just as I did before. There are some awesome moments and some awesome scenes and some great characters. Looking forward to starting Suikoden I soon! It's the only one I don't have a hard copy of, so I'll be playing it on the PS3. So no Save Data bonus for Suikoden II, but oh well. The graphic change should be fun I was sad there was no bonus for SIV data though.

Also, my room in the Ceras Lake Castle would be where Norma and Ernst stay in the base of the round hall at the end of the hallway!

map

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

August 14th/15th

*Started Suikoden! Ohh the graphics

*Did the Gregminster business. Went to Magician's Isle. I think it's interesting how much less of a big deal Leknaat is in this one. Like the others she's some ~mysterious woman~ who appears before the hero and speaks vaguely and everyone is like "wha?". Here it's "Oh yeah, Lady Leknaat! She lives on Magician's Isle and does work for us!"

*Went to Rockland and the mountain with the bandits and all that

*Had those sad scenes with Ted. Poor Ted He was much friendlier in this one than in IV

*Got the Soul Eater Rune. You know you're in for a treat when it's called the Soul Eater.

*Became a fugitive. Viktor brought me to Odessa

*Did the whole mountain thing and all that. Found myself saying "Shut Up Sanchez" everytime I talked to him. "My name is Sanchez" "Shut up Sanchez". "You can find the mountain over-" "Shut up Sanchez, I know where it is"

*Odessa died. Went to get Mathiu. Ah the Silverbergs.

*Went to Toran castle, beat the dragon thing. Thought it might be funny to have this be the ONLY castle I don't name Toran, but I named it Toran in the end. Ended up getting my HQ 4 hours in instead of 30 *coughSuikodenVcough*

*Time to go recruiting yay!

*Recruited Tir, Cleo, Gremio, Viktor, Mathiu, Camille, Tai Ho, Luc, and Yam Koo automatically

*Recruited Chandler, Kai, Maas, Marie, Onil, Sansuke, Sergei, and Antonio

*Spent an hour and a half level grinding so I could recruit Lorelai. Just played my 3DS while going through the woods in Great Forest Village. Was easy because I just had to hold down the left button and you just go in circles anyway. Still took a looong time though

*Find it amusing how much more minor of a role she currently plays compared to SV.

Total Stars of Destiny: 18/108

map

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

August 16th

*Recruited Kirkis, went to the treeville with him and was looked down upon by Elves

*Went to the dwarven village, was looked down upon by dwarves

*Recruited Valeria and Meese

*Did the vault, wasn't as bad as I remembered

*Treeville burned down. Recruited Templeton because why wouldn't you find a seven year old map maker by a burned down elven village.

*Read that Suikoden I takes place over FIVE YEARS! Suikoden V is like 5x as long and only lasts a year. Geez.

*Went to Kwanda's castle, did my first war battle, won with flying colours, did my first duel, fought a dragon.

*Didn't remember that choosing to go home SKIPS THREE MONTHS and doesn't allow character select for a while and I had more people to recruit

*Started over. Won the war battle, beat the dragon, defeated Kwanda

*Recruited Kuromimi (sharky won't stop calling him Gengen), Humphrey, Kwanda, Stallion, and Sylvina

Next goal is level 35 to get friggin Rubi. NOT looking forward to it Oh well, at least the castle has free and unlimited healing.

Total Stars of Destiny: 40/108

map

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    *And now I'm dreading the boss fight after boss fight after boss fight coming up. But I am prepping 3 parties, getting everyone's weapon up to lvl 14, and buying them good equipment. I bought a bunch of those fortune rings and I bring Egbert and Norma along, so the cash comes in pretty easily. I don't have 4 rings on each character, but I have quite a few, and I earn about 50k per fight. Most fights are pretty short so it's a good way to earn much needed cash.
    Suikoden V is both the easiest game in which to make tons of money, and the easiest in which to spend it.

I was really sad to leave the HQ. I spent a while there and I really liked it. Some of the endings made me sad, and Suikoden does a good job of showing characters all going their separate ways after the war. They were united by something and afterwards they all go their separate ways, kind of like in life. I did like Zunda's ending and Lun becoming the first female Dragon Horse rider. As usual, I liked the "night before" scenes.
    The "night before" scenes are one of my favorite parts of the series. I always feel all the feels, and want to talk to everyone.

I got the good ending where Lyon was revived and I also had enough Lym points that I ended up staying as a Commander of the Queen's Knight.
    I never really liked that as the "good" ending. It definitely makes sense for the story and characters, but all of the other games, save S3, have the Heroes going off on their own with a small group. Going with Georg seems to fit that the best, though that ending is lame.

And Suikoden I is the only one I haven't replayed recently. You're going to give me the itch again...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

PLAY IT

It's pretty short. Especially after 5, my goodness

August 17th

*I was going to level up but then I read some people actually need to be level 40 for Rubi and that's just too much. So I'll come back for him

*Did recruit Fu Su Lu and Gon and Apple

*Did my next war battle and then lost to Milich and his stupid roses of death

*Recruited Flik, Chapman, Hellion, Jeane, Lotte (), and Mina. Need to get a nameless urn, that's going to take a while Also ned to get up to level 40 eventually to get Eikei. I don't think him or Rubi have a limited time on them? I hope not

Total Stars of Destiny: 49/108

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sorry for slow update, I've had a lot going on. Plus it just took a while to find the Nameless Urn and Opal.

August 21st, about a month after I started this, yay!

*Recruited Gen and Kamandol and got the ship to cross the rapids.

*Recruited Jabba, Esmeralda, Tesla, Kimberly

*Went to Soniere Prison, Gremio died.

*Did the whole Milich war battle and barely won. Does anyone know if those lost numbers carry over? Doesn't seem like it

*Recruited Liukan, Anji, Kanak, Leonardo, Milich, Ivano, Kaslos, Qlon, and Kasumi

*Pahn won the duel against Teo!

Total Stars of Destiny: 64/108

map

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I forgot to update yesterday so I may miss some things

August 22nd/23rd

*Went to get Fire Spears

*Recruited Georges (which took a bit because I am unskilled. Also, what kind of name is Georges?), Lester, Sarah, Blackman, Kage, Kessler, Ledon, Melodye, Kun To, Mose, Ronnie Bell

*Killed Teo

*Recruited Alen, Grenseal

*Heading to Warrior's Village. Can't remember why

*Recruited Kirke, Marco, Moose, Zen, Quincy, Fukien, Hugo, Window, Eikei

*Saw little Ted and Hix and Tengaar. Felt very sad for little Ted

Now I'm going to get everyone up to level 43 for stats. Hopefully no one joins past that level, I can't remember, but I can still grind more later on if that's the case.

****I haven't forgotten about SV's stats, but I have been busy and I will get them done. I have a save file in the final dungeon so I can go back and do it.

Total Stars of Destiny: 88/108

map

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sorry guys, been busy busy

September 3rd

*Went to Neclord's Castle. I had actually done this last weekend but it turns out I forgot to trigger the scenes in the Warrior's Village, so I had to do that again and then do Neclord's Castle over again.

*Recruited Hix, Tengaar, Clive, Crowley, Pesmerga, and Leon.

*Went to Dragonville and recruited Fuma and Kreutz.

*Went to Seek Valley, Ted died. Saw the sad scene with Black

*Recruited Milla, Futch, Joshua, Taggart, and Mace.

Total Stars of Destiny: 101/108