Thread: Worried about Gamescon showing of this

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Default Worried about Gamescon showing of this

So I know theres tons of rumors that always swirl but I feel like that Square is hyping us up for what I fear will be another letdown. Some say they plan to show same ED2.0 some say others. I DONT WANT another trailer that has 95% recycled content we've been show the last 100 time they said they have something new. I really feel like if we dont get something new, a release date or something that makes me feel like they arent screwing with us, I am done with this crap. Its such a frustrating thing and unlike most games that make people pleased with each showing, it seems we keep getting disappointment instead of that anticipation feeling.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This is a hot mess.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If SE announces a release date, I'll be happy. As far as I'm concerned, they have released enough info in the last two years that if you were still on the fence of buying it, well nothing is going to help you now. We know the main cast, the premise of the story, what the battle system is going to look like and have gotten a feel for the gameplay. If you need more, then maybe XV isn't going to be for you.

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    If SE announces a release date, I'll be happy. As far as I'm concerned, they have released enough info in the last two years that if you were still on the fence of buying it, well nothing is going to help you now. We know the main cast, the premise of the story, what the battle system is going to look like and have gotten a feel for the gameplay. If you need more, then maybe XV isn't going to be for you.
    Im not on the fence. Ive been wanting to buy this game since I first seem it. But yes at some point when you realise we're wasting our time waiting for something awesome that may never happen.

I dont NEED more..I guess I can see my post makes it seem like that but Im just saying honestly it wouldnt hurt for them to show more than the same Episode Duscae game footage and the same trailers.

Id like a release date, maybe something more of the world than Duscae region. Anything like airships, summons or other stuff that this game has to offer that they havent shown yet. Just something new to make us like we might still get this game sometime soon and not continue to wait for longer.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm sure they'll drop some more info. Not sure if we'll see any new gameplay beyond the Demo but I wouldn't be surprised if the demo they showed had more improvements on it as it seems like Tabata is slowly adding in more detail and fan feedback into it to make sure the fans are chill with it. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a "new" trailer by which I mean the old announcement trailer with just 30 seconds of new stuff added to make fans bother watching it but if the game gets a release date, I don't really feel SE will be releasing too much info before the actual release so nothing is spoiled.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

The best thing to do is just stop paying attention until "ZOMG BRAND NEW MATERIAL/RELEASE DATE!!!" makes the headlines, which it will, since every tiny new scrap of info on this decade long helltrip makes the headlines.

It'll happen eventually, as hard as it is to believe.
    I like Kung-Fu.

As far as I am concerned, the game HAS to release in Spring 2016. It is the best time. There aren't any big titles (that I can think of) that will challenge it. However, it wants absolutely nothing to do with the summer or fall lineup. It would be suicide. Besides, historically Square loves Spring releases for their FF games.

With that in mind, how can they just announce a release date without some new gameplay? It should be nearly complete at this point, which means they should have a three minute long trailer ready for us. It is the best way to accompany a release date. If you just show Duscae 2.0, trout that people already have access to, people will shrug and not care. They want to see new things to get the hype train going.

Don't care what the reports are saying. I expect new gameplay and a release date. And I won't believe otherwise until Gamescom comes and passes.

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    As far as I am concerned, the game HAS to release in Spring 2016. It is the best time. There aren't any big titles (that I can think of) that will challenge it. However, it wants absolutely nothing to do with the summer or fall lineup. It would be suicide. Besides, historically Square loves Spring releases for their FF games.

With that in mind, how can they just announce a release date without some new gameplay? It should be nearly complete at this point, which means they should have a three minute long trailer ready for us. It is the best way to accompany a release date. If you just show Duscae 2.0, trout that people already have access to, people will shrug and not care. They want to see new things to get the hype train going.

Don't care what the reports are saying. I expect new gameplay and a release date. And I won't believe otherwise until Gamescom comes and passes.
    Agreed, if FF XV doesn't release in early 2016 then the only place they can go is early 2017. They're not going to tango with the holiday season. That would push KH 3 back to 2018 at the earliest and FF VII remake to the PS5 probably :S

They've gotta get 15 out early next year. Which I'm 99% sure will happen, Gamescom is the last event they can really announce a release date. (technically they could do it at TGS but announcing that at a Japanese event would be weird)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It wouldn't be weird if it was an international release. Honestly, SE has plenty of time to announce a release, so Gamescon really isn't their "last chance". I'm also not sure about a Spring release as while it's favored for the Japan because it falls close to a few Japanese Holidays like Golden Week, the sales there are not what they used to be as console/handheld title sales have been falling for the last few years. They could easily target this for a Western release which would make Fall a better choice or even Holiday season if they wanted to, it's not like numbered entries have ever had issues with sales regardless of when they were released so competing with heavy hitters like Madden or CoD wouldn't really be an issue especially since all three games most likely target very different demographics of gamers. So honestly it could be even be announced for a Winter 2015 release by this logic.

Traditionally, any entry that has ever had a demo is usually released within a year of the demo's release. I'm betting it will be released next year, but at this point the game's development doesn't really affect KHIII or the VII Remake as both titles are being developed by different teams so it's release should not affect them unless the game tanks but even then XIV will cover the cost (never thought I would say that...) so I wouldn't worry about it either way.

FFXIV Character

It wouldn't be weird if it was an international release. Honestly, SE has plenty of time to announce a release, so Gamescon really isn't their "last chance". I'm also not sure about a Spring release as while it's favored for the Japan because it falls close to a few Japanese Holidays like Golden Week, the sales there are not what they used to be as console/handheld title sales have been falling for the last few years. They could easily target this for a Western release which would make Fall a better choice or even Holiday season if they wanted to, it's not like numbered entries have ever had issues with sales regardless of when they were released so competing with heavy hitters like Madden or CoD wouldn't really be an issue especially since all three games most likely target very different demographics of gamers. So honestly it could be even be announced for a Winter 2015 release by this logic.
    They've been releasing FF games early in the year for over a decade to avoid the big heavy hitters in the holidays, FF XV is definitely the most western game they've come out with, they need to sell it to people who would never normally buy an FF. Those people will be busy with Fallouts and Halo's. Although that being said SE has just left Rise of the Tomb Raider to die this holiday so who knows :S

Traditionally, any entry that has ever had a demo is usually released within a year of the demo's release. I'm betting it will be released next year, but at this point the game's development doesn't really affect KHIII or the VII Remake as both titles are being developed by different teams so it's release should not affect them unless the game tanks but even then XIV will cover the cost (never thought I would say that...) so I wouldn't worry about it either way.
    I don't think it will affect the other games development as they are made by different teams like you mentioned. It's more about making SE's books look good, they will want each of those games to release in a different financial year. Even if KH 3 and the VII Remake were completed on the same day they would delay one into the next year for that reason alone. You see other Dev's do this quite often.
    Last edited by Tyson; 08-02-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post

They've been releasing FF games early in the year for over a decade to avoid the big heavy hitters in the holidays, FF XV is definitely the most western game they've come out with, they need to sell it to people who would never normally buy an FF. Those people will be busy with Fallouts and Halo's. Although that being said SE has just left Rise of the Tomb Raider to die this holiday so who knows :S
    Depends on your region as the U.S. traditionally gets the games anywhere between September and December for Holiday season. Japan gets them around March through May to coincide with Golden Week and PAL gets them whenever SE decides to stop screwing with them, which is usually late Spring, early Summer. They definitely try to release them around holidays known for present giving.

I don't think it will affect the other games development as they are made by different teams like you mentioned. It's more about making SE's books look good, they will want each of those games to release in a different financial year. Even if KH 3 and the VII Remake were completed on the same day they would delay one into the next year for that reason alone. You see other Dev's do this quite often.
    I doubt we have to worry about anything as KHIII is probably still two years off and we can only guess how far the VII development is. I know fanboys are thinking 2017, but I feel 2023 is a safer bet, especially if that teaser trailer is all they've managed to do so far. SE has yet to really prove they can get a large budget AAA title on the market within a reasonable time, so we'll have to see how quickly they release XV, KHIII, the new SaGa title no one outside of Japan cares about, and probably Project Setsuna before we can get a good idea of when the VII Remake will come out.

FFXIV Character

Depends on your region as the U.S. traditionally gets the games anywhere between September and December for Holiday season. Japan gets them around March through May to coincide with Golden Week and PAL gets them whenever SE decides to stop screwing with them, which is usually late Spring, early Summer. They definitely try to release them around holidays known for present giving.
    U.S Release Dates

Final Fantasy X - July 19th, 2001
    Final Fantasy XII - March 16th 2006
    Final Fantasy XIII - March 9th 2010

I'm hoping they've learnt from there mistakes and we'll get a quicker turnaround on FF VII but who knows :S
    Last edited by Tyson; 08-02-2015 at 03:29 PM.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn of Sephiroth View Post
    So I know theres tons of rumors that always swirl but I feel like that Square is hyping us up for what I fear will be another letdown. Some say they plan to show same ED2.0 some say others. I DONT WANT another trailer that has 95% recycled content we've been show the last 100 time they said they have something new. I really feel like if we dont get something new, a release date or something that makes me feel like they arent screwing with us, I am done with this crap. Its such a frustrating thing and unlike most games that make people pleased with each showing, it seems we keep getting disappointment instead of that anticipation feeling.
    So uh, don't look at the gamescom showing?

The gamescom showing will not affect the release date or contents of the game when it is released. Try relaxing. It's just a game.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

They've openly been saying since before E3 that Gamescom marks the start of the official promotion of the game right up until launch and is 100% why they didn't show it at E3. FFXV is their big ticket item at Gamescom. There will be something new, especially as TGS or Jump Festa is when they've said will see more about FFVII HD. D23 later in August is when they've said more of KHIII is going to be shown off.

Gamescom will be where they come out with all guns blazing about FFXV.

They have the likes of Tabata attending Gamescom. They're doing an Active Time Report at Gamescom.

SE may have been many things in the past, but they certainly haven't been dumb with information concerning XV since Tabata took the reigns.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    U.S Release Dates

Final Fantasy X - July 19th, 2001
    Final Fantasy XII - March 16th 2006
    Final Fantasy XIII - March 9th 2010

I'm hoping they've learnt from there mistakes and we'll get a quicker turnaround on FF VII but who knows :S
    With the exception of the one for FFXIII; the dates for X and XII are wrong. Those are the Japanese release dates.

FFX - December 17th 2001.

FFXII - October 31st, 2006.

The only entries to get a Spring release in the US has been the first game, FFXI, and XIII. The majority of the other entries have released in the U.S. around September through November, with a few entries releasing in late August or December.

It only matters if SE is hoping for a strong Western release as the holiday season will be a good time for that but honestly, they can announce it to arrive whenever. It's not like FF has much competition in terms of sales within the genre.